Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2019 1:07:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jough43]
GRS Bifrost

Does anyone know anything about this stock?

For sale here:
Link Posted: 9/28/2019 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I think they look great and appear to be highly functional.  Other than the weight I don’t see any downside.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 6:39:05 PM EDT
[#2]
They are awesome. Shot three deer this past Friday with my Tikka T3x in my Bifrost stock. Shoots tiny bug holes. Don't hesitate to get one.

-Stooxie
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#3]
If you call Eurooptic, at least one of their sales reps has one & has used one.  He also noted that the Bifrost is made of a seemingly more solid polymer/compound than the Berserk.  Also the moveable stock pieces were originally made with steel rails that were changed to polymer for the Bifrost because the metal ones had issues.  Supposedly the Bifrost is superior and lighter because of it.

Based on reviews I've read & youtube reviews I've watched, they're excellent (yes, not firsthand).  Also, they seem to be designed/manufactured in sections, which is how they've gone and developed the Warg - where the front of the Bifrost has been removed & replaced with rail.

I haven't seen anyone shooting these in long range competition around where I'm at... but I have a Warg coming soon and should be able to thus provide 2/3 of a Bifrost review as well.  I'll try to remember to come back to this thread with initial impressions at least.
Link Posted: 9/30/2019 6:54:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stooxie] [#4]
I have a Bersek and laminated GRS stocks as well. All are excellent. The Berserk has a nice rubbery feel to it and, like the Bifrost, doesn't need to be bedded. The Berserk also has a shorter LOP. The Bifrost is a bit longer because of the tilting/up/down adjustability of the butt pad. The Bersek and Bifrost are roughly the same weight, all within a few oz of each other. About 3 pounds. I would say the Bifrost is a bit stiffer in the forearm than the Berserk, but I'm not sure it matters. All my GRS equipped rifles make tiny bugholes at 100 yards. Then again, they are all Tikkas and pretty much do that anyway. These are hunting rifles for me. Picture, although not great, is below. This is my Tikka T3x with heavy Criterion 7mm-08 nitride barrel sitting in a green Bifrost. With the suppressor (SRT Arms Shadow Titanium) it gets 1/3 to 1/2 MOA with Federal Fusion 120gr ammo. I didn't think that was possible with a suppressor attached.

Long story short, I don't know why GRS stocks are not wildly more popular. They are half to 2/3rds the price of equivalently configured stocks from competing brands and have terrific ergonomics.

-Stooxie

Link Posted: 10/1/2019 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I have always liked the GRS stocks. Found out about them years ago when they were alot harder to come by in america. Have wanted to try out the Hybrid stock, especially in the black/green color scheme. The polymer look funky, but are probably great stocks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 7:52:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.  I ordered one for an original Savage FCP-SR in Tan/Black.  It is supposed to arrive today.
Euro Optic seemed to have the best price and were great to deal with.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 8:24:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jough43:
Thanks guys.  I ordered one for an original Savage FCP-SR in Tan/Black.  It is supposed to arrive today.
Euro Optic seemed to have the best price and were great to deal with.
View Quote
I don't know how they do it. Their fire sales are responsible for giant holes in my wallet.

-Stooxie
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#8]
If that is the one Savage has as a factory option it is a lot more comfortable than it looks and handles well.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 12:58:45 PM EDT
[#9]
This one (10 GRS) has the Berserk stock from the factory:
link

The Bifrost has a few upgrades over the Berserk, including color choices.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 12:05:06 PM EDT
[#10]
My Warg finally arrived (2/3 of a Bifrost), and I'll have to agree on rigidity of construction and feel for the stock in general.  Haven't gotten a chance to take it to the range yet, but installation was as simple as it's made out to be (except with the Warg you have to take off the MLOK section and reattach it).
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 3:01:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sirveaux] [#12]
Finally got around to getting rounds downrange with my Tikka CTR in a Warg (albeit on a short range) and I'm pretty pleased.  The grip is great, it's balanced, the cheek riser is pretty convenient, the buttpad angle adjustment works great.  One slight negative is adjusting the length of the stock sometimes requires some jiggling to get it to lock into place, but I don't adjust it that much.

Seeing as how it's 2/3 Bifrost, pretty much all the handling should be the same.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:50:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Just scored a Bifrost from a member here on the EE. I've been wanting one since I handled a Savage GRS that was at a local Cabela's a year or so back.
His is for a Begara B14 HMR.
I'm going to drop my Rem PSS 700/PT&G bottom metal in it and I hope it fits with out too much modding.

I'll report back with pics...
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Following this thread with great interest.
The Warg was on my shortlist, but ended up going with the MDT XRS.

I always worried the ergo's would be a love it or leave it situation.

@Sirveaux how long is the foreend? Could I get away with a 16" barrel in it?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:37:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Well, I can tell you that a GRS Bifrost built for a Bergara B14HMR will not work with a Badger M5 profile....
So at this point My options are
A: Buy the Bergara Bottom metal for $125
B: hold onto it and buy the B14 Rimfire I have been kicking around.

I like the stock a lot. I like how it feels, I like the adjustments...  We shall see....
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 11:08:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sirveaux] [#16]
Originally Posted By na1lb0hm:
Following this thread with great interest.
The Warg was on my shortlist, but ended up going with the MDT XRS.

I always worried the ergo's would be a love it or leave it situation.

@Sirveaux how long is the foreend? Could I get away with a 16" barrel in it?
View Quote

Haven't logged on in a while, sorry for late response.  Will pull it out of the safe tonight and check.

ETA: Sorry, ended up busy, but will still get it out and check at some point soon.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 1:12:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, I can tell you that a Rem 700 action fits, but not the M5 Badger style bottom metal (It's a PT&G).

So I scored a Bergara B14 bottom metal and it arrives on Friday.

Not sure why Bergara decided not to follow the M5 foot print , but they did not.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 10:19:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Well, My bottom metal came in today. Had to get two longer action screws and viola...

So far I'm diggin it. will have to hit the range tis weekend and see...
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 12:52:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnCarter17] [#19]
OK, I have been jonesing for a GSR for a while.

Roughly since I first saw them on Mountain Tactical's website.

But it wasn't a major priority.  This is a mod on a 308 sporter.  Which someone of you might think is a crime to swap out that wood stock.

So looking at them, I have narrowed it down to Bifrost vs. Berserk.  

The Warg isn't needed, its extra for a MLOK rail portion at the front, which I don't need, so I'd rather save 200-300 (looking on EuroOptic).

Bifrost has a picc rail under stock for your bag rider fittings or monopod.
Also some extra tilt/axis adjustability on the butt pad over Berserk.

Anyone here have both and any comments?  Or otherwise.

Link Posted: 7/18/2021 2:30:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Scroll up....
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 10:48:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By stooxie:
Scroll up....
View Quote

You need more pictures for us cavemen types
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 6:30:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By stooxie:
Scroll up....
View Quote

I have read this thread 2 times.

I see a lot of people happy, what I didn't see, was comments on one vs. the other.

But hey, its time to read everything again.

And search on GRS at snipers hide.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By JohnCarter17:

I have read this thread 2 times.

I see a lot of people happy, what I didn't see, was comments on one vs. the other.

But hey, its time to read everything again.

And search on GRS at snipers hide.
View Quote

Let me know if this works:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/precision-rifles/-/3-9736/?page=1#i130442

-Stooxie

Link Posted: 7/19/2021 5:01:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnCarter17] [#24]
Works great,  thanks.

I am assuming that no one is going to beat EuroOptics prices?

Edit 7/27

And ordered today...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top