Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2018 9:36:29 AM EDT
I have a PSA AR10 .308.  I took the barrel off last night to square off the receiver face, and I noticed that the gastube is in contact with the barrel nut.  It is just a very small section that touches.  Will this affect accuracy at all?
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 12:06:44 PM EDT
[#1]
You took off the barrel, and when you put the barrel nut back on it is touching?
Did you mean to say you took off the handguards?
Pictures would be nice but depending on how much force is being exerted on the tube it could be deflecting enough to contact the BCG when cycling.
Link Posted: 9/16/2018 3:55:05 PM EDT
[#2]
No touching is best. Lots of issues can result from contact.

You can bend the tube to achieve best alignment.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Biggest issue is clipping with bias to one side of the gas tube flange that inserts into the carrier key.

As the rifle cycles normally, the flange will wear down on one side, which will allow more gas to escape into the upper vs pressuring up the internal expansion chamber in the BCG.

Eventually, the rifle will short-stroke, and you'll see a lot of carbon residue inside the receiver.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 6:18:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#4]
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 9:33:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top