Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2018 3:30:37 PM EDT
Are there any gunsmiths that offer refinishing services to finish new parts on an original gun to match the remington sps bluing? I.e. if i had a ptg long bolt handle installed or a side bolt release. Or is it just cheaper to refinish the whole thing?
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 7:12:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe the finish is parkerizing not bluing on your sps . When you say long bolt handle are you talking about a knob? If who ever threads the bolt handle is careful it shouldn't get marked up. The Badger knob is close in color so just locktite it on.
Cutting for the side bolt release might be tough to avoid marking up the action.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 9:10:29 PM EDT
[#2]
OP, I did the same thing with the handle tig welded on...I ended up just wrapping the bolt body with a wet rag then used a map gas torch and heated the handle for a "case hardened" look, then let its cool down and oiled it and screwed a black knob on its...looks pretty black from a few feet away unless you really pay attention....

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top