Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2017 6:47:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Honestly most of them are pretty good nowadays compared to the early days of drop-in Savage barrels. That said, I now only use Columbia River Arms (formerly Black Hole Weaponry) barrels on my bolt action and AR platform match rifles. One-at-a-time quality control is the reason. Carl and JP are excellent machinists and dedicated to customer satisfaction and quality. I'm now on my 7th CRA/BHW tube (still have 4 of them). There are lots of benefits but quality is the number one benefit. None of my BHW/CRA barrels ever shoot poorly. they're easy as hell to load for and to clean.

http://columbiariverarms.com

You have to call for bolt action barrels right now but they're super easy to deal with. Not all of their reamers are listed so if you want something particular, just ask. They'll probably have it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:01:34 PM EDT
[#2]
James Kessler @ Northland Shooters Supply is outstanding to work with.
Criterion barrel in 6.5 CM is what I got.  They also offer all the tools to do the work yourself.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 12:20:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NJD:
James Kessler @ Northland Shooters Supply is outstanding to work with.
Criterion barrel in 6.5 CM is what I got.  They also offer all the tools to do the work yourself.
View Quote
That's where I bought my Shilen. Good to go.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 6:46:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 13starsinax] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ROOSTER15:
That's where I bought my Shilen. Good to go.
View Quote
Are they in stock? It reads like the criterion barrels are ready to ship or what is the lead time? Also some have mentioned hard to get a hold of him, is that true? I am very interested.

Got a hold of him this morning. Fast service.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#5]
My Carbon Six (McGowen) is 1/3-2/3moa easy... I haven't even done load development past 1 bullet and 1 powder.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 8:40:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Why penguin? not like you will ever shoot a barrel out on a .308 or anything....Besides, once the action is squared its a pretty cheap/simple matter to spin a new barrel on....Unless you are doing a switch barrel setup it accomplishes nothing...I mean, it cost me just over a grand to send my action to Bartlein, have them spin up a quality heavy weight 28" barrel, thread it for a brake, flute it, chamber it and square up an action/bolt before installing the barrel with a HD lug.....this on a cartridge capable of wiping out a barrel in a few hundred rounds if not handled right...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top