Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2018 8:53:48 PM EDT
So I got this new 6.5creedmoor barrel from Lilja. I noticed it has no feeding cone and which they said was not needed in their design. The barrel extension is designed after BAT extensions. I fed some S&B and Hornady ELD through new gen3 Pmags and cycled em full speed into battery and the tips are getting mashed...

However they still cycle and do not nose dive and jam... any thoughts?
The 6.5 round falls into the space where the lug goes and due to the narrow diameter of the round and length, the angle of the feed ramps cant get the tip up enough to clear the edge of the chamber... shouldn't be a problem with 308s..

Link Posted: 6/26/2018 9:31:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hockeysew] [#1]
Mods delete
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#2]
If that were my barrel, I'd already be on the phone with Lilja.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 8:51:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I haven't tinkered with it, but my instinct is that a 308 or 260 will tilt up as it goes forward due to the taper of the case. The 6.5 being for straight might hinder that. Slowly push a 308 forward out of the mag and see if the tip ends up higher than the 6.5 at the same horizontal position.

This could be tweaked with feed lips but that's not really an option if you run pmags
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 8:56:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lew:
If that were my barrel, I'd already be on the phone with Lilja.
View Quote
This.  Contact them again.  Is the machining actually as terrible as it looks in your pictures?!?!
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:35:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spectre31337] [#5]
Originally Posted By ag04blast:

This.  Contact them again.  Is the machining actually as terrible as it looks in your pictures?!?!
View Quote
You beat me to it! The machine work looks rough on both the barrel and the barrel extension
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:38:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spectre31337] [#6]
This is what your extension should look like

Note the smooth feed ramps
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top