Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2018 1:36:15 PM EDT
Any recommendations on custom precision rifle builders? I am looking to have a 300 WM built next year for extended long distance shooting.  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 2:57:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: drywall5] [#1]
Reach out to Mike @ Tier One Defense. I have several rifles built by him and they are lasers...

ETA:  He's actually building a 300WM for me now as a matter of fact.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I had Brian at Bartlein Barrels do my R-700 in 300rum last winter..sent him the complete action and he sent back the completed barreled action..Theey will gladly do any action you want..just buy the action and send it to them..I actually had a local smith run a bore scope thru it after 250 rds and he said its was absolutely beautiful work inside and out...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 7:41:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 8:30:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Dane Miller at DMR Rifles has done great work for me. I made some videos for them showing their shop and some of their builds.

18" Proof barreled 6.5 Creedmoor Build

24" Proof barreled 6.5 in carbon Manners Build.

Link Posted: 9/14/2018 12:27:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ironmaker:
Short Action Customs

Area 419
View Quote
Short Action Customs did my 700,  as a nitpicky machinist I was/am very happy with his work.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 12:39:10 PM EDT
[#6]
The new 300 PRC would be worth looking at.

https://forum.snipershide.com/threads/300-prc-update.6890837/
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Look at who is doing the work on the rifles that are winning in PRS style matches.  I think you will find that the majority of actions come from a few makers, and the work is done by a number of very talented gunsmiths.

Sawtooth rifles does very nice work.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 12:42:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By JCIN:
Dane Miller at DMR Rifles has done great work for me. I made some videos for them showing their shop and some of their builds.

View Quote
I actually saw your videos before you posted here. Great looking rifles. I really like the style of your 6.5 manners build. How are the proof research barrels holding up on accuracy at 100 meters?
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 1:24:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Ironmaker:
Short Action Customs

Area 419
View Quote
These are the two i've used.  If you want to do ELR i'd also consider something different than a win mag.  It's not a bad option, there are just betters ones.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 5:11:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JCIN:

View Quote
Very nice. Could you tell me what the weight of the 18” came in at?
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 8:49:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I’ve used Short Action Customs (SAC), West Texas Ordnance (WTO), Texas Custom Rifles, Bullworx, Silence is Golden, and one other one that escapes my mind right now. I’ve shot dozens of others.

The only one that I wouldn’t use again is SAC. It’s nothing against their work by any means, but the wait time and prices. I sent every piece to them to be machined and assembled. They didn’t wait on any parts. Still took close to a year. I’ve waited that long several times, but it was always waiting on a stock. Never the machine work. The rifle was fantastic though. I’ve just since found easier options.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top