Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2021 3:24:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CFletch]
This thing looks neat. Sort of a intermediate-caliber (.223/7.62x39) budget SIG Cross. MSRP is $1155. I want one.

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-600-trail/

Link Posted: 11/15/2021 6:35:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AT-ST83] [#1]
I hope that cheek rest is easily moveable (tool-less) once the stock is deployed.  It will also need to be height adjustable...once you mount a scope on that, it's going to be pretty high.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 7:47:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AT-ST83:
I hope that cheek rest is easily moveable (tool-less) once the stock is deployed.  It will also need to be height adjustable...once you mount a scope on that, it's going to be pretty high.
View Quote
Agreed. That stock (specifically the cheek rest) is the only concern for me. Everything else looks good. I hope there is an option for an AR buffer tube stock mount instead, especially if that cheek rest is fixed.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 9:43:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AT-ST83] [#3]
A few other reviews have popped up...doesn't appear to be moveable.  Which kind of kills it for me...every shooter in the videos below looks pretty uncomfortable.

The Alpha looks like it will be a great hunting rifle, though.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/guns/cz-600-bolt-action-rifle-review/

https://www.all4shooters.com/en/hunting/rifles/world-premiere-cz-600-bolt-action-rifle-first-impressions-plus-video/

NEW CZ 600 Centrefire Rifles, "Alpha", "Ergo", "Range", "Lux" and "Trail" in 308/223 on the range!
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#4]
That blows my mind. What an odd choice. Hopefully it can be easily replaced with an AR stock adaptor. This appears to be a clone of the JTAC Elf Owl/Screech Owl chassis system, and those had the option of a 1913 rail or AR tube adaptor in addition to the odd extending stock.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I sure hope they make this in 300 Blackout.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 2:37:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 2:40:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 11/17/2021 2:11:56 PM EDT
[#9]
That stock is hideous.

Fortunately, they are going to offer a standard stock option in 7.62x39mm.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I like it but at that price will be a pass.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 3:15:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
That stock is hideous.

Fortunately, they are going to offer a standard stock option in 7.62x39mm.
View Quote
Where have you seen a different stock option?

I actually like the concept of the stock, but if the cheek rest is fixed so far back it'll suck. Not sure why they wouldn't make it movable.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 10:36:40 PM EDT
[#12]
CZ 600 TRAIL - The first look
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 11:33:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I like the idea of it....but  that "cheek rest" is really a "rear jaw rest" from every video and photo I've seen of anybody shooting it.  That will get annoying quickly.  

Will 300 Blackout barrels be available at release?  If not, kind of defeats the purpose of interchangeable parts. Can I swap parts to use 7.62x39?  Lots of questions, not a lot of answers.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 7:45:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Who on Arf had an Elf Owl from JTAC? They had the same cheek rest thing. Maybe it it nicer than it seems.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 7:58:32 AM EDT
[#15]
I like the idea of it....but  that "cheek rest" is really a "rear jaw rest" from every video and photo I've seen of anybody shooting it.  That will get annoying quickly.  

Will 300 Blackout barrels be available at release?  If not, kind of defeats the purpose of interchangeable parts. Can I swap parts to use 7.62x39?  Lots of questions, not a lot of answers.
View Quote
No word on .300 blk yet, which is pretty shocking. Should be an obvious choice to include.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 6:32:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AT-ST83] [#16]
Originally Posted By CFletch:
No word on .300 blk yet, which is pretty shocking. Should be an obvious choice to include.
View Quote

I would be a little worried that the 300 Blk barrel is going to be available like it was for the much vaunted Bushmaster ACR system...so much talk about versatility, but never produced any of the "accessories".

If the 300 Blk barrels existed, CZ would have made 300Blk a caliber option.  I also hope they remember to change the thread pitches to SAE sizes before they import them...
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 7:18:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CFletch] [#17]

I would be a little worried that the 300 Blk barrel is going to be available like it was for the much vaunted Bushmaster ACR system...so much talk about versatility, but never produced any of the "accessories".

If the 300 Blk barrels existed, CZ would have made 300Blk a caliber option.  I also hope they remember to change the thread pitches to SAE sizes before they import them...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

At least they are starting with two different options, and the bolt heads for .223 and 7.62x39mm would allow for a few good options for aftermarket barrel calibers if the gun takes off. Those two bolt heads would suggest that .300blk and 6.5G are easy conversions since they'd just be different barrels.

ETA: It's not coming out until "2022" so they may have more to announce to keep hype going strong as they get closer to actual release.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:54:56 PM EDT
[#18]
This thing sort of interests me.

I'm disappointed though that CZ isn't really making a comparable replacement for the 527 Suppressor-Ready. I liked that rifle a lot, it really hadn't been out all that long, and now it's already discontinued.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 10:07:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Hope to start seeing some of these in the wild soon.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By PA452:
Hope to start seeing some of these in the wild soon.
View Quote

Anyone have an idea of release date?
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone seen one in the flesh? I've seen some of the other CZ 600 models, but no Trail yet.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 10:31:30 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm interested to see how their new CRF action works.  Supposedly it's patented and uses a small extractor, with a plunger ejector that is inside of the bolt and activated by a wall or something in the rear when you bring the bolt back.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 9:16:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Switchback_Arms] [#23]
Just came across this, but I need one in 300 Blackout

The INCREDIBLE Variety of NEW CZ 600 Bolt Actions [IWA 2022]

ETA In the video they mention their working on 300BO
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Read the CZ warning. Sounds like the barrel can be installed wrong by the user and still fire, so their solution is to permanently attach the barrels (which removes a major feature of the 600) of guns turned in for the recall. I assume they'll redesign it and re-release it afterwards.
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 5:58:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Has anyone who is "In the know" heard anything about the 300 blk version releasing anytime soon?
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 8:04:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Remember when CZs were known for being well built and usually having fantastic wood?  Peperidge Farms remembers....
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#27]
One in the shop, 7.62. Not a bad rifle in a sense but they failed with the retractable stock. A thin piece of polymer, held on with one screw, zero reason why they couldn't add a screw to stabilize it. When you pull the stock out, nothing keeps it from extending fully, so if you have it in position 1 or 2 and run a sling, it will fully extend via sling tension. They should've made it so you need to press the button for each position so it will stay locked otherwise. The wobble isn't bad and nature of the beast for a stock of this type.
Second complaint is-selling the rifle-have the 10 round mags available.

After handling one, I will pass and build something similar.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 6:01:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By eye-gor:
Remember when CZs were known for being well built and usually having fantastic wood?  Peperidge Farms remembers....
View Quote

Yup and controlled round feed actions. They’ve really been cutting costs on their bolt guns over the last couple years. CZ is now almost as bad as Sig with coming out with a new model and discontinuing it in a year or two
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Agreed. That stock (specifically the cheek rest) is the only concern for me. Everything else looks good. I hope there is an option for an AR buffer tube stock mount instead, especially if that cheek rest is fixed.
View All Quotes

Not really.. I put a 1x8 on mine, cheek mounts fast and easy, and is aligned just fine. Cheek is fixed but comfortable. More comfortable than my Q Fix..
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 11:58:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Looks like the 300 BO versions are out.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 11:38:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By BDA:

Not really.. I put a 1x8 on mine, cheek mounts fast and easy, and is aligned just fine. Cheek is fixed but comfortable. More comfortable than my Q Fix..
View Quote

Most of the videos I've watched on these trails, the YouTuber has a red dot or lvpo in an ar mount(dumb).  The stock is lower and not inline with the barrel like an ar.  That alone will cause all kinds of weird chin/jaw welds.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:57:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By DH243:

Most of the videos I've watched on these trails, the YouTuber has a red dot or lvpo in an ar mount(dumb).  The stock is lower and not inline with the barrel like an ar.  That alone will cause all kinds of weird chin/jaw welds.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DH243:
Originally Posted By BDA:

I’ve noticed a lot of people using AR type scope mounts on bolt actions where they don’t seem to be needed.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#33]
I got a 223 version, thought it would be a nice double duty thermal host and tractor gun with a 1-6ish optic.  I didn't load for it specifically, just wanted to try some factory 223 ammo and some handloads that I already had for other rifles.

I got it the other day and did some oal measuring with 50gr vmax, 69smk/tmk, 73gr eldm, 75gr eldm, 75gr horn hpbt, and 77smk.  The freebore they used is pretty ideal for ar mag length loading.  Pet peeve is some of the ar barrel match chambers that to get mag length require living with a 100thou jump.  The trigger is very nice, better than a timney 2 stage and the cheaper triggertech 2 stages I've been around.  Lowest setting yields 8oz 1st stage and 1.5lbs 2nd stage.  I used an Athlon midas tac HD 25x scope for load testing, as that was the only scope I had that wasn't on a rifle and had no issues shooting in the .2s when it was on a nucleus 223.  It shot 77gr razorcore well, along with 69smk adi factory ammo and 40gr vmax horn ammo.  At or under 1moa.  My handloads of 50gr vmax, 69smk, and 77smk also shot really well, about the same.  A couple notes about prone shooting with this rifles, I figured this out later on in group shooting.  The best place for rear bag is under the grip.  The is some slop in retractable stock system and if you place bagbunder toe of buttpad there is a decent amount of horizontal movement.  Put the bag under the grip and it is solid.  Off a tripod, you don't notice it either.  Most of the reviews I've saw weren't very impressive with accuracy, but most of those guys had a red dot or lpvo on it and didn't seem like they were very accuracy oriented or experienced with shooting small groups.

After seeing what it could do(though I hadn't figured out the rear bag yet) I mounted a pst2 1-6 on it and zeroed the 77gr razorcore and got chrony data of 2755fps on it.  A couple days later I ran it out to 300yds on 6" steel plates in some wind.  It took a few shots to get wind figured out, ground was wet and had trouble seeing misses. After I got correct wind hold sorted, I shot a 5rd group that measured 2.75".  4 rds were on a straight horizontal line, but watermarked good.  

Since this will not be a long range rig and making quicker sub 300yd shots will be it's primary use, I think I'm gonna try to do some load work with tac and 50gr vmax.  Running numbers on it, I can get a 51/230yd zero that let's me shoot point blank to 275yds without going more than 2.6" above or below line of sight.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 11:30:10 AM EDT
[#34]
If they offered that in a .300 win mag I would sell a kidney for it if I had to.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:22:20 AM EDT
[#35]
300 bout is out.

I have one of these chambered in 223 Remington but with the 20 inch 1:9 twist barrel.  Total length with stock closed ~ 30 inches.  ~ 1MOA with 55gr Sierra blitz.  Nice and light too ~ 2.8kg/6.16lbs.  Great off bag or off hand.  

Haven't put it over a chrono as yet but would not be surprised at 3200fps with the above ammo.  

Enjoyable and effective.  The trigger is excellent and has four settings, incredibly easy to adjust with the twist of an allan key.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top