Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2022 6:01:32 PM EDT
I just picked up a new CZ 457 Royal and it's definitely a tack driver, but my dumbass missed the part where the barrel is threaded at 1/2-20 and not the more common 1/2-28. Should I find a gunsmith to rethread the barrel or just slap on a thread adaptor? Any recommendations for a gunsmith that does this kind of work?
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By MK19:
I just picked up a new CZ 457 Royal and it's definitely a tack driver, but my dumbass missed the part where the barrel is threaded at 1/2-20 and not the more common 1/2-28. Should I find a gunsmith to rethread the barrel or just slap on a thread adaptor? Any recommendations for a gunsmith that does this kind of work?
View Quote

1/2x20 is common in Europe from what I understand.  You might just check for a suppressor that does 1/2x20 as an option.  You need a dedicated suppressor for it don't you?
Link Posted: 2/5/2022 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Several new suppressors have interchangeable thread inserts.  just look for one.
Link Posted: 2/7/2022 11:09:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PA452] [#3]
Lot cheaper and easier to just put an adapter on it. I have adapters on two of my CZ 452s. Stick it on and you'll forget it's even there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top