Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2023 6:42:14 PM EDT
I just got back from the second range trip with my new to me BA50. The first time the trigger felt gritty and had a lot of take up before release. I stoned the sear and trigger and now it is smooth and breaks crisp, but still extremely heavy.
I cannot get consistent groups because of the heavy trigger pull. Try as I might, I wind up torqueing the gun from pulling so hard and shooting more of a pattern than group.
When I got home, I swapped the hammer spring for a standard AR15 hammer spring. OMG what an improvement. I will try it tomorrow afternoon if I have time. I'm just worried it may not set off primers reliably. I needed to order some higher rings to mount an Athlon BTR gen II 6-25x50, so I added a Wolf extra power spring to the order to see how it works.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#1]
How is it shooting now? Are you hand loading or factory ? My buddy had that same .50 & I don’t remember his trigger being bad but it was terrible feeding from the mag ,
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bcrich:
How is it shooting now? Are you hand loading or factory ? My buddy had that same .50 & I don’t remember his trigger being bad but it was terrible feeding from the mag ,
View Quote

A shitload of mandatory OT at work and chores at home have kept me from getting back to the range with it yet. I'm taking a couple days vacation next week. Hopefully I will get a chance to try it, if I can get caught up on all the stuff around the house and farm. I'm just shooting factory ammo for now. Got some LC, IMI, and some Magtech to try.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 10:08:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I feel you … that work nonsense gets in the way of range time haha… I have an old school AMAC 5100 bolt gun single shot shell holder & been trying to smack the 30” 2k yd plate with my hand loads but still haven’t had success , they all land just around the target . Dey fun but frustrating too at the same time because my 7prc connects with no problem .
Hope you get it back in business & make them hits 🤘🏾
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top