Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2020 12:20:53 PM EDT
Which of these 2 would you buy? I have been doing a bunch of internet research  on these 2 rifles,  and can't decide which  has a better chance of being a shooter.
Tikka- good to great accuracy,  awesome trigger, junk stock, questionable  mags, cheap.

Bergara, poor to fantastic  accuracy, shit trigger,  no customer service(made in spain ).More $

Replacing my kidd supergrade as a nrl rifle.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 2:14:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Begara, they have USA service centers so no big deal. While it ain't no Anschutz the accuracy is good. Trigger is not an issue as Rem 700 triggers fit. I think I'm gonna fire lap my bore and see what happens. My buddy owns both and while the Tikka is very accurate the stock and horrible trigger will keep me from buying one.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By P08:
I have the Begara, they have USA service centers so no big deal. While it ain't no Anschutz the accuracy is good. Trigger is not an issue as Rem 700 triggers fit. I think I'm gonna fire lap my bore and see what happens. My buddy owns both and while the Tikka is very accurate the stock and horrible trigger will keep me from buying one.
View Quote

Very interesting. All of the reviews I have heard, brag about how amazing the tikka trigger is. Supposedly  you can easily  adjust the trigger  down to 1lb.I realize the bergara takes any 700 trigger,  but thats additional money on top  of a $1k rifle. Finally on rimfire central  people talk about 6 month wait because  the Atlanta service center is not equipped  to handle serious  warranty  issues. Thank you for your reply.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 7:04:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 5:18:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a B14r with a steel barrel. The trigger breaks consistently at a little over two pounds. It's not bad, it's just not a TT or similar. As far as accuracy, it shoots about .7-.8moa with SK rifle match. With center x or midas + it is even lovelier. I haven't had the gumption to run tenex through it yet.

The magazines haven't given me a single issue, and it feeds very well (even for my 8 year old). The stock is honestly great - I intended to replace it with a KRG X-Ray to match my 6.5, but I can't bring myself to part with it.

The bolt - after a few thousand rounds, is very smooth.

I have no regrets having paid 1k for this rifle, even knowing that I'll probably put a new trigger in it at some point. That's the only upgrade that is really necessary, if you ask me (and you can get by without it).
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 6:23:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Tikka T1x w/ KRG Bravo and highly recommend it. I'm not sure why there are complaints about the factory trigger, mine adjusts down to less than one pound.. It's around a 1 MOA rifle with good ammo, but with a better scope I think it would shoot better; besides, the barrel can be easily changed too if you want to upgrade. The only complaint I have is that the factory magazines look kinda of silly
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:29:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By rlester:
I have a Tikka T1x w/ KRG Bravo and highly recommend it. I'm not sure why there are complaints about the factory trigger, mine adjusts down to less than one pound.. It's around a 1 MOA rifle with good ammo, but with a better scope I think it would shoot better; besides, the barrel can be easily changed too if you want to upgrade. The only complaint I have is that the factory magazines look kinda of silly
View Quote

I’m pretty much in the same boat here. Love the T1x. I think the factory tikka triggers are some of the best factory bolt gun triggers I’ve ever pulled. With a $7 spring upgrade I think my factory trigger is better than anything I would spend hundreds of dollars on.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:31:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BuickDan:

I’m pretty much in the same boat here. Love the T1x. I think the factory tikka triggers are some of the best factory bolt gun triggers I’ve ever pulled. With a $7 spring upgrade I think my factory trigger is better than anything I would spend hundreds of dollars on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BuickDan:
Originally Posted By rlester:

Today I shot a bone stock t1x. The trigger had not even been adjusted from factory.

It was a nice feeling trigger, just heavy. It ran circles around my lightly modified 10/22.

There were two called fliers on the second group. The owner asked me to fire two more just to see...

The b15r shows up Friday, we shall see if I made the right call in ordering it. That tikka shot damn well...
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 3:28:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By dupemaster:

Today I shot a bone stock t1x. The trigger had not even been adjusted from factory.

It was a nice feeling trigger, just heavy. It ran circles around my lightly modified 10/22.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24268/0B32F1B0-CFA5-447B-B9C6-EF4B6AE39E5C-1817133.jpg

There were two called fliers on the second group. The owner asked me to fire two more just to see...

The b15r shows up Friday, we shall see if I made the right call in ordering it. That tikka shot damn well...
View Quote

Wow this is unbelievable.....  Ive got the t3x ctr in a krg chassis.  Im seriously considering buying one of these as a trainer.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a tikka 1x in a krg bravo and the trigger spring upgrade.  It is very accurate with eley,sk, lapua ammo. Even with cci standard it is a hammer.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I absolutely love my B14R.  If you have another Rem 700 centerfire that uses AICS pattern mags, the B14R is a great trainer.  

At the NRL22 matches I shoot, I rarely see any Tikka shooters in Open Class....plenty of them in Base Class.  Once you replace the stock to a KRG, you are forced into Open Class, and the Tikka just can't keep up with the Vudoos, RimX, B14R, etc.  

I only replaced two parts on my Bergara...the stock and trigger.  KRG Bravo for the stock, Timney Calvin Elite Two Stage for the trigger.  The OEM trigger isn't bad, it's just heavy and can't be adjusted down enough for my liking.  And I really prefer a two-stage trigger with a flat face.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:20:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dupemaster] [#11]
Originally Posted By AT-ST83:
I absolutely love my B14R.  If you have another Rem 700 centerfire that uses AICS pattern mags, the B14R is a great trainer.  

At the NRL22 matches I shoot, I rarely see any Tikka shooters in Open Class....plenty of them in Base Class.  Once you replace the stock to a KRG, you are forced into Open Class, and the Tikka just can't keep up with the Vudoos, RimX, B14R, etc.  

I only replaced two parts on my Bergara...the stock and trigger.  KRG Bravo for the stock, Timney Calvin Elite Two Stage for the trigger.  The OEM trigger isn't bad, it's just heavy and can't be adjusted down enough for my liking.  And I really prefer a two-stage trigger with a flat face.
View Quote

I’m really hoping they B14r out shoots that tikka I shot the other day... if not, I’ll be a little pissed.

I’ll try to shoot both again Monday with some eley tennex and eley match.

So far the fit and finish of the bergara is amazing. Easy the best feeling rifle I’ve owned.

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 9:21:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By sheepdog697:

Wow this is unbelievable.....  Ive got the t3x ctr in a krg chassis.  Im seriously considering buying one of these as a trainer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sheepdog697:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24268/0B32F1B0-CFA5-447B-B9C6-EF4B6AE39E5C-1817133.jpg

I thought so too and instantly questioned ordering the bergara.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:59:32 PM EDT
[#13]

I thought so too and instantly questioned ordering the bergara.
View Quote

I wouldn’t. Definitely try to get 4-5groups to see how the T1x will do consistently. Often, the fliers are just ammo or how it performs in the rifle, but may be indicative of typical performance. Hard to tell with limited groups.

Link Posted: 2/19/2021 11:26:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AT-ST83:

View Quote

Do the tikkas seem to hold their own in base class?
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 8:26:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AT-ST83] [#15]
In base class, you really see who the great shooters are.  Since the rifle can only do so much, a skilled shooter can really stand out.  Overall, in the AZ matches I go to, the Tikka rifles seem to do pretty well.  I wish when they publish NRL22 match results, that the type of rifle was also listed with the info...that would help a lot of people choose what rifles to shoot.  

I've seen all types of rifles win base class matches...Savage FV-SR, Tikka T1x, Keystone 722 Varmint, Ruger American Rimfire, Ruger 10/22.  I can't say that one specific rifle gives you an edge in base class...it really seems to depend on the shooter, how they prep and shoot the stage, wind calls, ammo, etc.  Surprisingly, I still see people in base class shooting shit ammo...like Remington Golden Bullet or some Winchester bulk pack, and are surprised when they have a flyer that impacts 5" off their POA.  Ammo selection is key...probably the most important part of a base class rifle.

Now in Open Class, I can tell you nearly all the top shooters are using some type of Vudoo rifle.  A lot of B14R's are showing up now, also.  They seem to be the "poor man's Vudoo"...even though my B14R is about $1,800 all in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top