Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 17
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 10:12:53 PM EDT
[#1]
After reading this thread for a while now I finally broke down and picked up a HMR in .308 and I really like it so far. Initially I was looking for a 300 Win Mag, thinking I could down load it to 308ish levels for the kids but I had zero luck finding one within the last year. I do have a 338 RUM for Elk, so I think I'm covered.

Any opinion on DNZ one piece mounts? They're local to me and seem to make a solid product, if not I'm leaning towards Nightforce one piece.

Anyone have a CDS Leupold? I looked through a buddies Vx5 today and its really nice, way more clear than the old US Optic on my 338.

Thanks again for input (and yet again for spending my money)!
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 11:33:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you get the Pro or the regular HMR?
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By travis442:
Did you get the Pro or the regular HMR?
View Quote

Regular, I frequent EVERY gun shop in NC and I've yet to find a Pro.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:57:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarbonBuildup] [#4]
Went to the range this weekend with my HMR Pro in 6.5 Creedmoor.  Best 200yd. Group of the day.  
Sorry, I don't know why it is only showing a quarter of the pic.

That is the group.  The first pic was done with Ballistix app.  maybe that is why it won't load right.  Anyway, it is a .78" group, .37MOA at 200yds. with factory Hornady 147gr. ELD Match.  I'm very happy with this rifle!!
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 11:32:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CarbonBuildup:
Went to the range this weekend with my HMR Pro in 6.5 Creedmoor.  Best 200yd. Group of the day.  https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/169878/C48CE506-4BE5-448C-90E3-18011CEC8CBC-1677278.png
Sorry, I don't know why it is only showing a quarter of the pic.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/169878/D6E7AD7C-140D-43A1-A4F6-0285075AF8CD-1677286.jpg

That is the group.  The first pic was done with Ballistix app.  maybe that is why it won't load right.  Anyway, it is a .37MOA group at 200yds. with factory Hornady 147gr. ELD Match.  I'm very happy with this rifle!!
View Quote

Mine loves the 147 grain ELD-M ammo. Nice shooting.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 9:20:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 3:14:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Bought 2 HMR 300wm off Gunbroker today!
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 4:15:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Just thought i would add to the Bergara topic. I had a b14 hmr chambered in 6.5cm for a while in 2020. out of the box it was kind of picky with factory ammo. upgraded the trigger to a triggertech and that made a big difference. I should add the factory trigger isnt terrible adjusted down i just wanted it a bit lighter so i went to the TT. while i was replacing the trigger i thought why not throw some acraglass in here and do a little bedding job while i got it broke apart. So after bedding and a new trigger (I am an ameteur on bedding almost anyone can do it if you are mechanically inclined and take your time) got the rifle back together and with factory hornady 140gr eldm ammo getting 5 shot groups in the .4-.5 range. Im pretty pumped about that kind of result with a 900 rifle 150 trigger and a couple bucks worth of bedding compound. Then i started load development with RL16 and 140s thats when it started really shining getting around 2800fps and .2-.3s were common. moral of the story is these little guns are a great option for anyone interested in shooting long range, i hesitate to say starting in LR because i dont consider myself a newby and the hmr was a blast to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 11:02:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Quintin] [#9]
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#10]
After following this thread for several months now, I finally broke down and bought a HMR and I cant say enough good things about it. I have always wanted a shooter in 308 and I believe I now have one. After I FINALLY got the scope in from Leupold (5 months wait from the .mil program) I mounted it in Warne rings on a Area 419 20MOA base, and boresighted it. I have a short range on my farm, max distance is 300 yards and so far that isnt a challenge. I have been buying factory loaded SMKs for a while in anticipation of buying a 308, the handloads are still on the bench.

The first groups of three shots are hovering at 1" and they kept getting better, the pic with the sticky was the best of the day at .3 if my math is right.

We usually try to hit the 300 yard plate with .22s, its not a "try" with this rifle. With roughly 25 rounds through it I got 3 shots on steel <3"

What an absolute joy to shoot! Way easier than my 338 RUM and the old 8mm Rem Mag (I loathe shooting the great 8).

I cant wait to start the load development, although I doubt I can improve on .3s

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 12:42:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I had mostly been considering the Tikka T3x series for a 6.5CM to put in an EDT chassis but now I think a B14 might be the way to go.

Anyone put theirs in an EDT chassis or similar?
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:48:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mr_h] [#12]
just ran across this thread after getting a LRP model in .308 a few weeks ago. wasnt sure how i’d like the stock and still getting use to it. picked it up locally at the sportsmans warehouse. i think its a 2019 build based on a stocking sticker on the box and the older XLR Element 1 stock. it did come with the factory 3 shot proof target that measured .7820

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

its been a bitter sweet start for this rifle for me. its been windy and hot so getting a little heat mirage in the scope.

first time out was 20 rounds and wild groups, 2-4 inches at 100. got home to find the stock was loose.

back out the 2nd time with that fixed i was able to get this group at 100 with PPU match 155gr HPBT....
Attachment Attached File

back out yesterday to try some 762 nato IMI and PCM ammo and was not impressed but my ruger american doesnt like it either. its shit ammo.
Attachment Attached File

i have some hornady amax 155 that the ruger likes so i’ll try that once i get the new extractor as it broke yesterday in the middle of the IMI string. ordered one from ad arms.

Attachment Attached File

wish ammo wasnt so spendy right now. i need to get some 168’s to try. someday.

i sold my AR10 and have a shit ton of the prvi 145gr nato stuff too. the Ruger and FN SPR i use to have liked that ammo so its next. i’m just a casual bolt gun guy and enjoy a desert hill top and busting rocks out to 400-500 yards.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I cant wait to get some glass on mine this fall. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Just ordered a Bergara and need help picking bases and rings. I’ll be mounting a Sig Sierra 6 with a 34mm tube and a 56mm Objective.

Not sure if a 20MOA base AND a 20MOA rings would be overkill but mainly worried about clearances
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By mr_h:
just ran across this thread after getting a LRP model in .308 a few weeks ago. wasnt sure how i’d like the stock and still getting use to it. picked it up locally at the sportsmans warehouse. i think its a 2019 build based on a stocking sticker on the box and the older XLR Element 1 stock. it did come with the factory 3 shot proof target that measured .7820

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17526/BDE0EA81-6C21-400C-8436-74F6A1BE478E_jpe-1952720.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17526/9667D872-9C64-47F0-968A-8F831389799F_jpe-1952721.JPG

its been a bitter sweet start for this rifle for me. its been windy and hot so getting a little heat mirage in the scope.

first time out was 20 rounds and wild groups, 2-4 inches at 100. got home to find the stock was loose.

back out the 2nd time with that fixed i was able to get this group at 100 with PPU match 155gr HPBT....
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17526/72CEB03E-A711-46F2-A576-14A2C9E9BB2A_jpe-1952715.JPG

back out yesterday to try some 762 nato IMI and PCM ammo and was not impressed but my ruger american doesnt like it either. its shit ammo.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17526/E4446A02-CF39-4D72-B79D-94F8A9DD9447_jpe-1952718.JPG

i have some hornady amax 155 that the ruger likes so i’ll try that once i get the new extractor as it broke yesterday in the middle of the IMI string. ordered one from ad arms.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17526/FB8F92A6-2217-4E0E-88D3-5992117EB91E_jpe-1952726.JPG

wish ammo wasnt so spendy right now. i need to get some 168’s to try. someday.

i sold my AR10 and have a shit ton of the prvi 145gr nato stuff too. the Ruger and FN SPR i use to have liked that ammo so its next. i’m just a casual bolt gun guy and enjoy a desert hill top and busting rocks out to 400-500 yards.
View Quote

i would seriously look at handloading if you want the best potential out of your rifle. you could probably get close to .5" i have a HMR pro 6.5 that is a hammer
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 11:35:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Do you guys think a badger c.o.m.m at 1.54 would be too tall for this sort of rifle?
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 11:46:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Reorx] [#17]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:
Do you guys think a badger c.o.m.m at 1.54 would be too tall for this sort of rifle?
View Quote
While "too short" is an absolute, "too tall" is not - it's a matter of personal preference...  How do you like the mount when you are behind the optic?  It's your call...  
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 4:31:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hoody2shoez] [#18]
Originally Posted By Reorx:
While "too short" is an absolute, "too tall" is not - it's a matter of personal preference...  How do you like the mount when you are behind the optic?  It's your call...  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I ask because the cheek riser only has so much adjustment

ETA*** I'd like an anti can't device on it so I'm open to suggestions on rings/combos
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:05:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Reorx] [#19]
I ask because the cheek riser only has so much adjustment  Of Course!

ETA*** I'd like an anti can't device on it so I'm open to suggestions on rings/combos
View Quote
I always put anti-cant devices directly on the scope tube.  (Not on the mount, not on the base/rail, not on a ring, not elsewhere on the rifle.)  So all my anti-cant devices look something like this:

It is important that the reticle be level / plumb with respect to gravity so I put the anti-cant device directly on the scope tube, square everything up with a  plumb line, and then lock it all down.  Advantages to doing it this way are 1) Simplicity,  2) If you ever put the scope on a different rifle, the anti-can't devise goes with it and doesn't need adjusting, and,  3) The scope doesn't need to be perfectly squared up with respect to anything on the rifle - not the base / rail, not the action, etc.   So it makes the details of mounting the scope less complicated / difficult.

In terms of the mount, I only use good quality rings (2 separate pieces).  I never use 1 piece mounts.  Good steel is as good as good aluminum - pick your favorite.  I have had good luck with Leupold Mk4 & Badger rings in steel and Hawkins (without the bubble level ring top) or Seekins in aluminum.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 10:24:56 PM EDT
[#20]
I always put anti-cant devices directly on the scope tube.  (Not on the mount, not on the base/rail, not on a ring, not elsewhere on the rifle.)  So all my anti-cant devices look something like this:

https://www.bipodbuddy.com/wpimages/wp4f4b052d_05.jpg

It is important that the reticle be level / plumb with respect to gravity so I put the anti-cant device directly on the scope tube, square everything up with a  plumb line, and then lock it all down.  Advantages to doing it this way are 1) Simplicity,  2) If you ever put the scope on a different rifle, the anti-can't devise goes with it and doesn't need adjusting, and,  3) The scope doesn't need to be perfectly squared up with respect to anything on the rifle - not the base / rail, not the action, etc.   So it makes the details of mounting the scope less complicated / difficult.

In terms of the mount, I only use good quality rings (2 separate pieces).  I never use 1 piece mounts.  Good steel is as good as good aluminum - pick your favorite.  I have had good luck with Leupold Mk4 & Badger rings in steel and Hawkins (without the bubble level ring top) or Seekins in aluminum.
View All Quotes

Interesting. I've always been partial to the bubble built into the scope ring itself-but admittedly have limited experience with that. Hence was I was curious about the c.o.m.m. mounts and being able to build the accessories directly into the mount
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:19:43 AM EDT
[#21]

Interesting. I've always been partial to the bubble built into the scope ring itself-but admittedly have limited experience with that. Hence was I was curious about the c.o.m.m. mounts and being able to build the accessories directly into the mount
View All Quotes

Yeah I’ve always been a fan of mounting directly to the optic tube. Things may or may not be machined square, and expensive gear helps that along, but you can remove that from the equation by leveling things yourself manually. The reticle may/may not be level inside the scope body, and the mount may/may not be level to gravity, etc, but being able to spin everything yourself means you can ensure everything is level.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 7:45:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mr_h] [#22]
i got my bergar back running. the factory sent me a free extractor and i had to send my bolt back to AD Arms to have him hand pick one of his to work. the spring hole might be out of spec and AD’s wouldnt always grab. he found one that did.

finally found a load the rifle likes though, the Lithuania GGG 168gr.

this was 100yd in 100 degree heat this morning. 3 rounds inside an inch and one flier, that trigger is touchy. not sure i like the big flat faced timney. the barrel is definitely picky and i added a mono pod for the buttstock. that helped me alot.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/21/2021 12:33:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Have a favor to ask of someone. Heading home on leave in a few weeks and want to get my B14s set up so I’m ordering the rings to have them when I get home but need to figure out some dimensions to make sure I get the right rings. Can someone snag the height from the top of a 20 MOA rail (I have Badger 20 MOA rails already) a few inches in front of the rail? The B14 HMR is getting a Razor 4.5-27x56 and the B14R is getting a PST 5-25x50. Even better if someone with those optics has any feedback on ring height, I’m trying to keep them as low as possible.

The rifles in question:

Link Posted: 7/11/2021 12:28:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Welp. Sold my Fix.

Bought a b14 HMR. Again.

I loved my last one, now I just need to find a takeoff HMR, HMR Pro, or b14Rimfire stock so I can make my 223 bolt gun look identical lol.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 7:10:52 PM EDT
[#25]
I just ordered some berger 130 hybrids (factory loaded) to compare to some 147 eld-match (also factory loaded.) I got tired to trying to track down some 140's. All my shooting is inside the 1000 and I've read the 130 hybrids have a good track record inside that range.
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 9:22:21 PM EDT
[#26]
No need to archive
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 10:50:15 AM EDT
[#27]
I recently bought an HMR Pro, and love it. i havent had a bolt gun for 6-7 years, and now that I have one again, im deeper into reloading and enjoying the rabbit hole. after about 100rds, i shot some hornady ELD-M 140gr, and the first 3 shots from that @ 200 yards was .326 moa. a few handloads were also right at .5 moa or under just trying to find the powder charge shooting over a chrono, so I feel like it has a lot of potential and has been one of the more satisfying purchases I have made in awhile.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:32:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Alright. Need some emergency help. I have the hmr in 6.5 creedmoor and was invited to a long range class. This rifle is still new in box and I’m shit out of luck for load development in the next 25 days. I’m looking at buying 4-500 rounds. I cannot find any of the hornady stuff which is what I would prefer.

Has anyone had any luck with the sellior and belloit 140 grain load or the Norma 143 grain hpbt match? Those two loads seem readily available.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 9:50:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By DirtDivision:
Alright. Need some emergency help. I have the hmr in 6.5 creedmoor and was invited to a long range class. This rifle is still new in box and I’m shit out of luck for load development in the next 25 days. I’m looking at buying 4-500 rounds. I cannot find any of the hornady stuff which is what I would prefer.

Has anyone had any luck with the sellior and belloit 140 grain load or the Norma 143 grain hpbt match? Those two loads seem readily available.
View Quote

the Norma shoots pretty good, easily sub-moa, have not shot the S&B
Link Posted: 8/21/2022 2:03:04 PM EDT
[#30]
My 6.5 bergara loves the SB 140’s, possibly the best factory load I have shot out of it and I have tried a bunch. Sample size 1 rifle for what’s it worth.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 10:11:36 PM EDT
[#31]
I was handling one of these in .308 today at a gun show and it seemed like a really well appointed rifle for 950 bucks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 8:50:37 AM EDT
[#32]
I have had my B14 HMR Wilderness for a little while now. Took a while to get the glass setup together. It is chambered in 6.5 PRC. I have put an Atlas bipod rail on it with an Atlas bipod, Badger steel 20 MOA scope rail, steel TPS medium scope rings and a Nigthforce 7-35X56 ATACR F1.

One range trip done with 18 rounds shot. Need to adjust the scope a little more. basically in the break-in right now. I will be taking it out again this weekend and cant wait. I have liked everything about this rifle. Looking for a bolt action rifle for a while and the Bergara is what caught my attention. I had mentioned that I bought this on another site and I got the usual "should have bought a Tikka..." comments. I am glad those people like their Tikka's, but I am very pleased with my Bergara and don't regret my purchase even a bit.

Link Posted: 1/9/2023 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Just replaced my Bergara HMR 6.5CM barrel at 3200 rounds.  .4 to .6 groups until the end and was my entry gun for precision rifle matches.  For the money a fantastic factory rifle.  

Cons-Factory barrel was 22".  Bergara at present is not rebarreling so I had a 26" Bartlein put on.  Factory barrel impacts climbed when it heated up around 8 or 9 rounds.Bolt has to be bushed for using small primer brass.  Factory trigger is ok.  Feed ramp prevents loading long ammunition without modification.

Pros- Paid just under $900 for the rifle.  Rfle shot .504 MOA at 1000yds using factory eld match ammo in the first 25 rounds.  Rifle held accuracy just past 3000 rounds. Rifle is light enough to carry for hunting.  Action runs smooth with multiple types of mags.  

Overall, it is a great option to get into shooting long range without breaking the bank.

Link Posted: 1/9/2023 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By seeker28:
Just replaced my Bergara HMR 6.5CM barrel at 3200 rounds.  .4 to .6 groups until the end and was my entry gun for precision rifle matches.  For the money a fantastic factory rifle.  

Cons-Factory barrel was 22".  Bergara at present is not rebarreling so I had a 26" Bartlein put on.  Factory barrel impacts climbed when it heated up around 8 or 9 rounds.Bolt has to be bushed for using small primer brass.  Factory trigger is ok.  Feed ramp prevents loading long ammunition without modification.

Pros- Paid just under $900 for the rifle.  Rfle shot .504 MOA at 1000yds using factory eld match ammo in the first 25 rounds.  Rifle held accuracy just past 3000 rounds. Rifle is light enough to carry for hunting.  Action runs smooth with multiple types of mags.  

Overall, it is a great option to get into shooting long range without breaking the bank.

View Quote

Completely agree.  I had a B14 HMR in 450 Bushmaster that shot 1/2 MOA with Barnes TSX.  I can't imagine how good it shoots chambered in the Creedmoor.  3,200 rounds is a nice round count to get to as well.  How much did the accuracy drop off when you replaced it?  I am assuming it wasn't holding MOA anymore at that point?

Also disappointing Bergara wouldn't rebarrel.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 7:16:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:

Completely agree.  I had a B14 HMR in 450 Bushmaster that shot 1/2 MOA with Barnes TSX.  I can't imagine how good it shoots chambered in the Creedmoor.  3,200 rounds is a nice round count to get to as well.  How much did the accuracy drop off when you replaced it?  I am assuming it wasn't holding MOA anymore at that point?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zeebz:
Originally Posted By seeker28:

This.  I'm just a tick over 1k on mine and am already thinking about my next tube.  Knowing me I may just buy the tools and do it myself, if possible.  Now as far as "carrying" the HMR on a hunt, I would say that depends.  Hauling it to your tower blind on the pipeline is a totally different animal than using it on a pack-in elk trip or something like that.  With scope mine is way over ten pounds.  No way I'm hiking around out West with that.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 1:07:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Just recently got into long range shooting with a HMR Pro 6.5 PRC. Very accurate rifle as shown with a 3” group at 1/2 mile with factory match ammo. Agree with what others have said about the Bergara and weight. It’s a great bench gun, but no way am I hiking in and out with that one.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:29:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Washpipe:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557527/6924555C-23B5-4CEF-B44C-C564C1420630_jpe-2668176.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/557527/C6C5AE4B-19CE-4FAC-986A-5A65A9575D50_jpe-2668179.JPG

Just recently got into long range shooting with a HMR Pro 6.5 PRC. Very accurate rifle as shown with a 3” group at 1/2 mile with factory match ammo. Agree with what others have said about the Bergara and weight. It’s a great bench gun, but no way am I hiking in and out with that one.
View Quote

Damn good shooting!
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:19:46 AM EDT
[#38]
My new HMR Pro build.  Rugged brake, Accu-tec Bipod. Mark 5HD on a Spuhr Mount.  Easily shoots Hornady ELD sub MOA. )))

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 1:42:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By carl1000:
My new HMR Pro build.  Rugged brake, Accu-tec Bipod. Mark 5HD on a Spuhr Mount.  Easily shoots Hornady ELD sub MOA. )))

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/121026/F8CE8260-08AE-4401-B051-36B28D4A6FC4_jpe-2747840.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/121026/6E592DBB-5F1E-40FD-B54D-7481672609BC_jpe-2747839.JPG
View Quote

very nice, looks like the scope barely fit in the spuhr mount
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 9:09:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By apierce918:

very nice, looks like the scope barely fit in the spuhr mount
View Quote

Yeah, I wasn't planning on getting a Spuhr mount, but I found it used at a stupid low price. It fits fine though. Everything lines up with my eyes good.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 10:19:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TMN1990] [#41]
Been wanting a MPA chassis for my Beraga for a while and finally pulled the trigger... so to speak..

Bergara B14 HMR in MPA BA Comp Chassis

Gun: Bergara B14 HMR 22" 6.5 CM
Muzzle Device: Surefire SFMB Brake
Optic: Arken EP5 5-25x56
Mount: Arken Low pro 34mm rings
Bi-Pod: Caldwell 6-9" harris style

Link Posted: 4/23/2023 12:05:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Has anyone had issues with the scope base coming loose from the action, even after lock-tite and proper torque, after a few mags worth of shots?
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Premier HMR Pro here... I used Loctite 603 or equivalent (green stuff that is designed for low torque small screws but hardens and is impervious to oil/solvents/fuel) and torqued to 35 in-lb and applied witness marks. Ain't coming loose. This is the stuff FN uses for their SCARs early on (I don't know what they use now). I also apply scope rosin now to my rings. Not all scopes have the same type of finish and I found that the slippery ones (nice shiny black finishes) tend to slip. Which explains why Razors have that rough bronze finish, but I apply rosin nonetheless.

My Premier serial # doesn't seem to follow the same B-14 serialization, anyone know how to find the manufacture date from the Premier/HMR Pro?
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:28:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: glocktalk] [#44]
Anyone have experience cutting down an HMR PRO barrel?

I have one in 6.5 that is a tack driver but I’m wanting to lighten and shorten it up.

Thinking cut/ crown thread at 16-18”, manners PH stock, m5 bottom metal.

I would imagine the only change is going to be a loss of MV and weight obviously
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 10:51:19 AM EDT
[#45]
22-250 with the taper cut right into the barrel for the aem5

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Into_the_Void:
22-250 with the taper cut right into the barrel for the aem5

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/220444/1000007660_jpg-3133077.JPG
View Quote

thats sick
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:13:16 PM EDT
[#47]
My son won a gun raffle for a Weatherby Talus 300WM, but he took value at the shop and picked up a Bergara HMR in 6.5 PRC instead (same color and stock as the OP's).  It was used, but barely (less than 20 rounds through it).  Came with a cheap Monstrum scope, bipod and three boxes of ammo.  We haven't burned all the factory ammo yet, so haven't worked up any hand loads, but all I can say, this thing is a freakin lazer, even with that POS scope and the factory ammo.  After sighting in and a couple groups, we went straight to an 8" steel plate at 600 yards..pow...ping...pow...ping...pow...ping...just couldn't miss!  Can't wait to get some decent glass on it and work up some hand loads and see how far we can stretch it.  The action is smooth and the factory trigger is pretty good.

Any doubts I had about Bergara have been totally erased.  I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.  

Page / 17
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top