Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2023 5:47:05 AM EDT
Looking for recommendations on a good starter variable scope, haven’t picked out a rifle yet either so I guess that would be cool to hear also. I have rifles just not a marksmen hobby dedicated rifle yet. Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 8:50:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 3:15:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
What do you plan to do with the rifle? How far do you plan to shoot?
View Quote
This and what calibers (ammo) are available in your area?
No sense building or buying one you can't feed.

Provided these are legal and ammo available and affordable, Here are a few I suggest for most things.
.22 Rimfire, everyone in a country they are legal should have 1 or 2 at least. (Semi) Ruger 10/22, tons of Mods available, (bolt gun)Savage Mark II FV-SR. Make sure to get threaded barrels on all rifles if suppressors are legal there.

At least 2 ARs. .223/556 Maybe a bolt gun in those like Ruger American Ranch or Remington 700
An AR and or Bolt Gun in .308 as well.

Those are a start...  If you come up with something a bit more specialized that may change or have additions.

Link Posted: 12/20/2023 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Just target practice on my friends land. I think it’s about 100 yards or so the back open field area
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome thanks for your reply and info
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 6:57:50 PM EDT
[#5]
How to Shoot PRS Pt. 2: Essential Gear

Hopefully this video is helpful to you sir.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top