Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2020 9:20:01 AM EDT
I have a nighforce and some vortexs, but im interested in the cronus if anyone has information or experience with it?
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 1:44:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the pre-BTR Cronus 4.5-29x52 and the glass is incredible, as well as the build quality being very nice.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#2]
lol well i went ahead and got it a few days ago. I guess this will be a review thread when I get it in and mounted. Not seeing many middle ground options for an in stock 34mm mount though. Either you're getting a spuhr or some chinesium
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I’m interested in your review. I own a mid-tier Athlon and am happy with its performance, but I’m thinking of moving to something with a Tremor 3 and really learn the reticle.

Since you own both a Vortex and NF, I’m interested in your opinion on glass quality, turrets, and feature set. In other words, is the NF twice or a third as nice as an budget option that’s half or one-third the cost?
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 5:19:51 PM EDT
[#4]
i haven't been able to shoot with it yet, but right out of the box its hefty/well built, glass quality is good, i like the reticle its usable but not to busy. I'm on vacation but will try to get some pictures up when i get back
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 11:18:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Absolute best buy. $1700 for The cronus or $2500 for The razor gen 2. I've owned a lot of expensive glass and this thing rocks.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 11:26:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm interested in your thoughts as well. I'm damn tempted to jump on one now. Camera Land bought a crapload of them and on sale at a great price!

Athlon Scope Sale
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 1:02:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dsparil] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MackDaddy1962:
I'm interested in your thoughts as well. I'm damn tempted to jump on one now. Camera Land bought a crapload of them and on sale at a great price!

Athlon Scope Sale
View Quote

Not kidding. Buy with confidence.

I've done US Optics(back in the day), Nightforce, IOR, Vortex Razor, etc. This thing is THE best thing for the buck. If you're the original owner, you'll get good service.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 8:39:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Dsparil:
Absolute best buy. $1700 for The cronus or $2500 for The razor gen 2. I've owned a lot of expensive glass and this thing rocks.
View Quote

The Gen 2 Razor with non-Horus reticles can be had at 1700$ish at most dealers and sub 1600$ at some dealers....

The Cronus isn’t a bad scope, but let’s get accurate info out there.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 4:44:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dsparil] [#9]
Originally Posted By SuperJlarge:

The Gen 2 Razor with non-Horus reticles can be had at 1700$ish at most dealers and sub 1600$ at some dealers....

View Quote

...and when did the price go down?

btw I don't like your tone.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SuperJlarge:

I didn’t mean to hurt your feelz.

The Gen 2 has had a reduced price for close to a year. I think the MAP is around 1999$ for a 4.5-27 w/ ebr7c.

With the pricing being within 300$ vs the 800$ you referenced, it’s not as easy of a choice to go with a Cronus vs a Razor imo. Again, the Cronus is a good scope and it really comes down to whether the features of the Razor are worth the extra 300$.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 9:22:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By MackDaddy1962:

Athlon Scope Sale
View Quote

Yeah, I'm a member on Snipershide and found out about this earlier this week over there.  Doug, (one of the owners of CL I think) has an even better deal ($1149) if you are an SH member (maybe here too?) through Black Friday.  I ordered one from him yesterday and had a tracking number within an hour. Real nice guy too.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 7:47:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By gomulego:

Yeah, I'm a member on Snipershide and found out about this earlier this week over there.  Doug, (one of the owners of CL I think) has an even better deal ($1149) if you are an SH member (maybe here too?) through Black Friday.  I ordered one from him yesterday and had a tracking number within an hour. Real nice guy too.
View Quote

Does he have any of the first gen 1-6x cronus  scopes?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top