Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2020 10:23:55 AM EDT
I've been wanting something better for my 20" .308 AR and saw that Eurooptic has 14% off Vortex so I backordered one for $602 (EBR-7C MRAD)

If there ends up being better deals in the next few days I'll cancel my backorder but figured I might as well get in line now.

Also, provided I stick with the Stike Eagle, how good are the included lens caps? Are the included ones good enough, should I go with Vortex Defender (E-10 and O-56), Butler Creek (which I have on most of my other scopes) or something else?
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#1]
To me, the Strike Eagle glass is just ok.  Not bad, but certainly not great.   If this is your only gun or you’re going on the dream hunt of a lifetime, I’d spend some more and at least upgrade to the Viper series.  If you’re going out on a couple 80 yard deer hunts, it’s probably fine and great.  
I upgrade all scope caps to Butler Creek.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 10:53:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GlockPride:
To me, the Strike Eagle glass is just ok.  Not bad, but certainly not great.   If this is your only gun or you’re going on the dream hunt of a lifetime, I’d spend some more and at least upgrade to the Viper series.  If you’re going out on a couple 80 yard deer hunts, it’s probably fine and great.  
I upgrade all scope caps to Butler Creek.
View Quote

80 yards? Was that a typo?
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#3]
It's going to be a bench gun unless I find a place to shoot longer range and ammo gets back to non-stupid levels.

In NH I'd guess that 80 yard is a longer deer shot since it's all woods up here
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Have one on my Bergara HMR, and love it. Did have to reach out to Vortex as the marks on the turret caps would not line up with the mark on scope body so the more you dial the more off your tracking would be. Vortex knew right away as soon as I told them the model and sent me new caps.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 5:00:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top