Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2020 12:26:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fp1201]
I was at a Friends Establishment the other night and spot an unusual Rifle..."I won't sell that one to you" was the bait, and I took it.
Mauser 66S that was used by the Italians as a Sniper Rifle, has a Zeiss Diavari-DA 1.5+6x scope on it.
The action is quite intriguing, in that the bolt is carried by a machined block so the whole thing opens/closes in two stages, really exposes the magazine follower.
Turns out I didn't buy that one, my best friend did, then the bastard says "I've got another one on top of that shelf" so he set the hook on both of us.
If I can figure out a way to post pictures I will.
So, what did I get myself into besides a very expensive bench rifle?

Pretty much looks exactly like the one in this listing, except it has the original scope bases/rings, and a second slotted top ring half that I've no idea what goes on.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/883903141

Even has the same green Hard Case seen in the pictures.

Link Posted: 11/26/2020 12:54:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you read the copy on the link you posted? Gives everything you need to know. Quite possibly one of the finest rifles ever constructed.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ballisticxlr:
Did you read the copy on the link you posted? Gives everything you need to know. Quite possibly one of the finest rifles ever constructed.
View Quote

I did, in fact I read a couple descriptions, but when folks advertise...well let's just say they occasionally omit or embellish.
FWIW: between the two rifles, there is a difference between the Safety Lever and mine's marked "S" and not "SP" By serial number, one seems to be an early and the other a late production.

The Scopes are the same model but there are differences between the magnification: one you twist the eye piece and it "clicks" for each magnification and the other uses a lever to rotate it.  Detented 100-200-300 markings on one and smooth twist on the other.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top