Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2020 12:26:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fp1201]
I was at a Friends Establishment the other night and spot an unusual Rifle..."I won't sell that one to you" was the bait, and I took it.
Mauser 66S that was used by the Italians as a Sniper Rifle, has a Zeiss Diavari-DA 1.5+6x scope on it.
The action is quite intriguing, in that the bolt is carried by a machined block so the whole thing opens/closes in two stages, really exposes the magazine follower.
Turns out I didn't buy that one, my best friend did, then the bastard says "I've got another one on top of that shelf" so he set the hook on both of us.
If I can figure out a way to post pictures I will.
So, what did I get myself into besides a very expensive bench rifle?

Pretty much looks exactly like the one in this listing, except it has the original scope bases/rings, and a second slotted top ring half that I've no idea what goes on.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/883903141

Even has the same green Hard Case seen in the pictures.

Link Posted: 11/26/2020 12:54:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you read the copy on the link you posted? Gives everything you need to know. Quite possibly one of the finest rifles ever constructed.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ballisticxlr:
Did you read the copy on the link you posted? Gives everything you need to know. Quite possibly one of the finest rifles ever constructed.
View Quote

I did, in fact I read a couple descriptions, but when folks advertise...well let's just say they occasionally omit or embellish.
FWIW: between the two rifles, there is a difference between the Safety Lever and mine's marked "S" and not "SP" By serial number, one seems to be an early and the other a late production.

The Scopes are the same model but there are differences between the magnification: one you twist the eye piece and it "clicks" for each magnification and the other uses a lever to rotate it.  Detented 100-200-300 markings on one and smooth twist on the other.

Top Top