Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2022 11:51:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fiyero]
Pretty much all of my rifles have 1.93 mounts with Red Dots and 1-6X optics. I recently got into this side of things and bought a DD5V4 18” in .308 with a Razor Gen II 4.5-27x. I tried using the traditional 1.54” mount and it felt like I was cramming my neck into position. I shot a co-workers 556 SPR setup with a Badger 1.70 mount and a PRS Lite with adjustable cheek riser and was much more comfortable.

I guess my main question is there any mechanical negatives of using a tad higher mount as long as I still retain positive cheek-weld. I don’t feel like .16 would be thought it would be safer to ask.

@Rob01
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 3:38:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 10:27:25 AM EDT
[#2]
With a white background target, your eyes closed in the prone mount your rifle like you're going to sleep, theb open your eyes. By using your scope shadow you ahould be able to tell  if your scope is mounted too high or low.

I find higher mounted optics for LPVO and RDS are great for standing, shooting on the move, they're not so great for prone, roll over,, etc without a cheek riser. For precision it's best to get the height that fits you naturally vs trying to muscle your optic into position.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top