Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2020 10:08:44 AM EDT
with a 20" barrel?

is the stock muzzle brake effective? From what I can tell, it will only host a Barrett suppressor...

thanks
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:47:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I have 24” and 26” 338 MRAD. I would say the 24” barrel has more recoil than 26”. They are good muzzle brakes. I question having a 20” barrel for a longe range caliber as a 338LM. 26” shoots best for me anyway.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 8:49:55 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks - currently have a Badger 26"  in 338 LM. When I get the MRAD, I will be getting a 300 n.m. barrel kit. I am pretty heavily invested in 338 LM ammo, reloading etc. but a little bit down the road, I will move to 338 norma...

I used to shoot a .50 serbu with a 20 inch barrel...  on occasion standing...
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 12:59:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a 24” just out the barrel on i’ve been shooting it with. 308. Using a wind meter, range finder, and the knights app on my phone hitting 600yards is easy. I’m ready to push it further out, debateing if i’ll wait for a can or shoot it with an apa brake or put the 308 back on and save the ammo.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 1:01:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M0244:
I have a 24” just out the barrel on i’ve been shooting it with. 308. Using a wind meter, range finder, and the knights app on my phone hitting 600yards is easy. I’m ready to push it further out, debateing if i’ll wait for a can or shoot it with an apa brake or put the 308 back on and save the ammo.
View Quote

I knew I’d see you here
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 12:57:07 PM EDT
[#5]
welp, even with the stock brake on a 20" barrel, it was not too bad... surprisingly accurate too

I started out with some S&B 300 wt  stuff and it took one shot get on the plate. Went to Lapua factory ammo and had a blast with it

I really wasn't sure I would like this rifle but I do! I did add the fat bastard brake after this picture was taken.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top