Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2021 9:42:38 PM EDT
Looking for another remage barrel for rifle rifle and am considering patriot valley arms. I was going to go for another criterion but the lead time is insane right now unfortunately so thought I'd shop around. Pva says 5-7 weeks on there website. I emailed yesterday asking how accurate that time was and am waiting on a response. After reading a bit on the forums it seems a lot of people were having problems with lead times from pva. I remember around 2018 they were getting big so I dont know if they were just too swamped or what. Anyone order a prefit from them in the last 6 months or so? Everything go ok?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:41:01 AM EDT
[#1]
https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/2020-black-friday-cyber-monday-deals.7041025/page-24#post-9194519
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:08:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 1:02:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Sent an email last week asking if they had the blank in stock to make what I wanted. Haven't heard back. I'll be going with a criterion.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:33:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 9:38:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Not sure if still looking, I ordered a 300 wsm barrel from them in October, it was delivered yesterday.  Quality and fit and finish are second to none though
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 5:52:51 PM EDT
[#6]
You're giving me hope I'm going to get my rifle back sometime soon. I sent them a 700 to rebarrel in October. They haven't answered my last 2 friendly "Just wondering what the status on my rifle is" emails, and no answer on the phone during their phone hours. Previous emails had been answered quickly.

I absolutely understand things are jacked up right now and that quality custom work takes time, but if you already have my $$$ and tell me a job is going to take 5-7 weeks and it's going on 16, please answer an email and tell me what's going on with it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#7]
If you want a criterion have you checked with NSS?

PVA seems hit or miss with lead times and comms, but their work is top notch.  

Bugholes is 6 weeks out on prefits.

Keystone is usually really fast but don’t have a recent quote from them.

SAC is 8-10 weeks.

Straight Jacket Armory is I think also about 8 weeks last I checked.

These times assumes parts in hand/stock.

Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:50:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PhatForrest:
You're giving me hope I'm going to get my rifle back sometime soon. I sent them a 700 to rebarrel in October. They haven't answered my last 2 friendly "Just wondering what the status on my rifle is" emails, and no answer on the phone during their phone hours. Previous emails had been answered quickly.

I absolutely understand things are jacked up right now and that quality custom work takes time, but if you already have my $$$ and tell me a job is going to take 5-7 weeks and it's going on 16, please answer an email and tell me what's going on with it.
View Quote

Giving me hope as well. I'm almost on week 19 of my barreled action purchase. I sent two friendly emails as well and didn't hear anything back. Glad I am not the only one.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:30:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:54:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Rob01:
Sometimes the wait is waiting for the parts. I ordered a Bighorn TL3 and it took almost 3 months to get in. Barrels right now are pretty backlogged too. There is a thread from Frank from Bartlein on the hide and they are a 10-12 month back order.
View Quote

I get that. I've accepted that over the last year with everything happening. I'm purely looking for communication. I could care less if it was going to be another couple months before I get it, I just wanted that to be communicated to me. Keeps everyone happy.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:53:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 7:34:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank you for reaching out to him on behalf of us (and me too). The guys at the base were right, you're an ok dude.

I originally had gone with them based on stuff you and others had said about them. I saw the not so positive stuff but put it aside. I know I'll have a nice rifle when it finally comes home. Like NFA goodies, the waiting is the hardest part.

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 10:24:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I ended up getting a bighorn origin and a bartlein shouldered prefit from keystone. I will have the action from the ffl Tuesday and ordered it February 1st. Pretty much right on the time I was quoted. Ordered the barrel from keystone on the 9th and it shipped 2 weeks later.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:35:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Still nothing back on mine.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Update - Got an email today with tracking!

"Your barreled action is completed.  We apologize for the delay and extended wait.  As a result I have saved you the install fee for the barrel to your action, have included one of our hybrid brakes that we are currently selling in addition to tracking and insurance of your barreled action.  Your tracking number is below.  Thank you"

Thank you Patriot Valley Arms! Can't wait to get it in my hands and out on the range!

Link Posted: 3/29/2021 2:47:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Well this is a bit disheartening , I called in January and was told 5-7weeks but closer to 6-8 for a prefit. Sounds like they were a lot further behind then that, probably wont be seeing my action or barrel until summer
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I happened to talk to Josh on the phone the same day he was cutting button 6mm barrels.

Two ARC Nucleus prefits were machined, chambered, finished, shipped and received by me six days later.

Link Posted: 3/29/2021 3:02:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By avboiler11:
I happened to talk to Josh on the phone the same day he was cutting button 6mm barrels.

Two ARC Nucleus prefits were machined, chambered, finished, shipped and received by me six days later.

https://i.imgur.com/5truu4V.jpg
View Quote

how long ago was that?
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 3:03:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Sheetz:

how long ago was that?
View Quote

Within the last couple of weeks...just so happened he was getting ready to do a run of Dasher and BR barrels.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 11:39:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Week 24 and no new updates. I don't know how much longer I can be patient.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Ubaderb:
Week 24 and no new updates. I don't know how much longer I can be patient.
View Quote

Have you called to see why it's taking so long? I know they'd have to wait for the action to come in, but you'd think they'd have it by now. I tried emailing the other day but haven't recieved a response.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top