Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2022 2:43:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: czgunner]
I was wondering what the real, tangible, performance results are when using a "custom" action like the American Rifle Nucleus, Archimedes, etc. I'm a lefty and have an OEM Savage lefty 10 with a Shilen .260 barrel. I'm not a pro shooter, but want to get into longer range shooting, up to 1k.
Any benefits that I'll see changing to a different action? I'm looking at American Rifle, because they offer a lefty setup.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By czgunner:
I was wondering what the real, tangible, performance results are when using a "custom" action like the American Rifle Nucleus, Archimedes, etc. I'm a lefty and have an OEM Savage lefty 10. I'm not a pro shooter, but want to get into longer range shooting, up to 1k.
Any benefits that I'll see changing to a different action? I'm looking at American Rifle, because they offer a lefty setup.
View Quote

I’ve got a 2005 Savage 10FP LE2b and a Model 12 VLP in 22-250 and the former does well out to 1k.

Their actions aren’t as buttery smooth as my TRG-42, but not many are.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate to say it. But savage actions work. They aren’t pretty. They aren’t smooth. They just work.

In 2022 I would not sink money into a savage. I imagine you’re looking at the ARC actions because they use savage barrels which is what you have. If you wait for their Black Friday sale it takes a good chunk of the cost down.

I love my mausingfield although it has not been completed in the final configuration. Been waiting on parts and the last is a 300 prc reamer. It has been setup with a 223 wylde barrel that I single feed cause it’s a long action and I don’t know of any mags that would work. But easily sub moa accuracy.

All of the “custom” actions are great. Pick the features you want and get what meets your needs. There are cheaper options like the Origin that I’m sure you’d be happy with but buy an ARC action. Ted is a great dude.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top