Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2020 5:54:31 PM EDT
I have a chance to buy a real deal military M68 new in sealed box that is about 10 years old but never used for $400. I have never had the chance to own an Aimpoint product and I know they are the best of the best. For those of you that know about this red dot optic, what do you think about them? I have always been an iron sight guy but I need a red dot for a rifle class I'm taking with Travis Haley next month and just overwhelmed with the huge amount of options and choices on the market today. I'm pretty sure this is a 4 MOA dot and has like a 50,000 hour battery life. It come with the QD mount the military issued in the box but I can't seem to find out if it is an absolute co-witnessed mount or not or how it is intended to work/mount to the rail? I was going to settle for a SIG Romero 5 or Trijicon MRO but was told the M68 is far superior quality in every way...Any info is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 1:47:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I've owned 2 Comp M2s over the years. You won't be disappointed. And even a 4moa dot can lay out super accurate fire. I sold mine used recently for between 250 and 285 with mounts (one with a cowitnessing M68 ARMS mount, one with a QRP). NIB doesn't matter much since they're built well. I'd say you're overspending, but if you plan to own it for a long time I'd say it's still not a terrible idea.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 2:26:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Swiffy:
I've owned 2 Comp M2s over the years. You won't be disappointed. And even a 4moa dot can lay out super accurate fire. I sold mine used recently for between 250 and 285 with mounts (one with a cowitnessing M68 ARMS mount, one with a QRP). NIB doesn't matter much since they're built well. I'd say you're overspending, but if you plan to own it for a long time I'd say it's still not a terrible idea.
View Quote

Actually I just found out it’s not an M2 but it’s a comp M4. I just had a chance to look at it and it’s definitely not new in box but it is in very good condition. I was disappointed to see that the current battery had leaked a tiny bit and there was some white residue inside but it look like it cleaned up pretty easily and everything works properly. Given that this is an CompM4 is it worth the $400?
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 2:58:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a comp M4 and it's a great optic.  Fo.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Bump for the day crew!
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 7:47:30 PM EDT
[#5]

I've owned M2's, M3's, T-1's and a M4.

The M4 is HEAVY for a red dot, bullet proof. But way to heavy.

T-1 was ok. Small field of view and the dot looked like a comet with the "tail" pointed directly at the diode. I attribute that to the close distance from diode to reflector lens distance.

Sold them both. Of the 2 M2's, I sold one to a buddy who begged me for it. Still have the other, but I will not let go of the M3. 2moa, great field of view and battery life.

For 400$, pick up a PRO. you'll want to ditch the QRP mount as the knob sticks out too far and snags on gear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top