Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2022 9:54:52 PM EDT
Hey guys, im trying to find some good discussions on here about barrels, not finding much on AR10's.  I planning out an AR10 build and want to set it up for accuracy at good distance.  So far I am reading that 20" is a good barrel length and other sites are saying 24-27".  Thoughts?  And who should I look at for barrels.  I am thinking I want to go with a bull barrel and been looking at Krieger barrels.

thank you
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 11:49:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#1]
Criterion is a good value. 18-20" is good.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 11:58:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NoMoAMMO] [#2]
I have an older 18" Alex Pro Fab barrel that hits .5 to 1MOA out to 200 easy with good ammo. Can definitely outshoot me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:08:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: snakeyes711] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wildearp:
Criterion is a good value. 18-20" is good.
View Quote

I have a 20" criterion that groups 175s 2" at 500yds so they are very capable.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 10:10:54 AM EDT
[#4]
You don't want a bull barrel and you don't want it any longer than 20" give or take.

AR-10's are heavy, or they seem to be, because the weight is shifted forward because they have longer receivers. If you add a heavy barrel, especially a long one, this feeling is intensified.

A medium weight barrel will be plenty accurate and not give you a hernia.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#5]
That's true,  look at hybrid contours.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 8:32:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By armortech:
Hey guys, im trying to find some good discussions on here about barrels, not finding much on AR10's.  I planning out an AR10 build and want to set it up for accuracy at good distance.  So far I am reading that 20" is a good barrel length and other sites are saying 24-27".  Thoughts?  And who should I look at for barrels.  I am thinking I want to go with a bull barrel and been looking at Krieger barrels.

thank you
View Quote
you might want to browse around on arfcom AR Variants forum, and Snipers Hide Semiautomatics.

if you can afford Krieger, you should go that route, because apparently there's no looking back from a Krieger, ever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top