Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2018 8:24:19 AM EDT
Been really thinking of a 6.5 CM AR and was looking at a savage MSR. But since I already have a 308 AR, started looking at just an upper. Aero and a few others have them in stock. Looking at an 18 inch. Had a 6.5CM bolt rifle before but sold it to fund a 338LM. Better to get a full complete rifle or is an upper just as good? My lower is an Aero so am currently looking at them. BCG is a double ejector from KAK Industries so am good there. Appreciate your comments.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 9:21:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rob78] [#1]
You'll want a minimum 22" barrel to wring any kind of potential from the creedmoor.  Velocity really drops off going any shorter.

You need a high pressure bolt with reduced diameter firing pin hole.  Your bolt carrier will be fine, the bolt needs to be replaced.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 9:48:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bearcat24] [#2]
Most of the places sell a complete BCG for an additional cost. Better to just buy one since it’s for the upper? Has anyone done the 1 inch chop from a 24 inch barrel to show how much is lost? Would like to look at the difference and put in my ballistics app to help me decide.

Found this.... Rifle shooter
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 12:13:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bearcat24] [#5]
May just get the savage after all. My short barrelled 308 is set up as a pistol so to many changes to switch over. Any other articles out there with better info on chopping? I see heavier bullets are coming out for the 6.5CM. Is the 1:8 twist going to have issues with that 150 grain SMK? That thing is pretty long so doubt it will work well in an AR.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 12:35:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 4:51:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Still have to wait for my new toy to come in so have time for more research on this. But it would be sweet to put it on a new 6.5CM AR.
Toy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top