Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2019 7:42:26 PM EDT
I have a ar-10 and the rounds are doing a 180 inside of the receiver. I had 2 springs on the extractor so I removed 1 of them. Still having the same issue. I am running a 18" BA barrel with the .75 gas block. I don't want to buy another gas block. So does anyone know if I can buy a stiffer buffer spring or heaver buffer to fix it?
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 5:30:56 PM EDT
[#1]
You don't want to, but your desire is irrelevant in this case, because you need an adjustable gas block to reduce the amount of gas allowed into the gas system.

I use an SLR block on my 6.5 and it's perfection.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 3:01:37 PM EDT
[#2]
You can go with a buffer/spring combo from slash or a silent capture from JP to slow recoil impulse but like stated above, you really need an adjustable block to alleviate the overgassing and allow some bleed off.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#3]
You can use an RCA adjustable gas key. Just replace the gas key and leave the gas block alone.

I have one in my rifle (midlength)  and it runs fantastic.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Superlative Arms adjustable gas block.

Your rifle is beating itself to death without it, even with a buffer/spring swap.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 6:24:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glock63] [#5]
Get an adjustable gas key for your carrier.  1/3 the cost of an adjustable block and easier to install.  Accomplishes exactly the same thing.  Rubber city armory makes them.  They work exceptionally well.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 6:42:02 AM EDT
[#6]
What buffer and spring are you currently using?

I have rifle buffers in my 6.5's and I added three tungsten weights to them. I also use a Sprinco Red spring in them.

I would pick up a superlative adjustable gas block as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top