Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2019 11:50:11 AM EDT
So I was looking at getting a Ruger Gunsite Scout in 450 BM for lower Michigan deer hunting.  Instead I bought a T/C Encore stainless steel frame and am going to be purchasing an MGM barrel for it.  I can do a 460 S&W barrel up to 27" in length.  I'm thinking of going with a 24" bull barrel.  Anyone ever run the numbers on a .460 out of a 24" barrel?
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 3:42:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump and to say if youtube has not removed it someone had vid of single shot 460 rifle and chronoed it and what not.

Forget barrel length.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:03:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Anything past about 14" is going to have minimal if any effect. It's using a pretty small case, has a huge bore and uses a pistol powder. The combustibles combust pretty quick. I tried something extremely similar based on .460rowland brass in a bolt action rifle. With 16 & 18" barrels I get basically what you would from a 10" pistol barrel. To get what I wanted out of it I just run pressures that would make an actuary cry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top