Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2022 4:21:26 PM EDT
Just picked up a Howa 1500 with a MDT chassis. I’m looking to add a Fab Defense RAPS C to the mix. I will be using a suppressor that should bring the straight line recoil down to a .308 level. Any opinions on the durability of the stock, particularly in the collapsible version??
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#1]
No idea, but I’m here to learn. 300wm is a favorite elk round here.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 12:03:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RonEgg] [#2]
Can answer some of my own questions. I haven’t bought the FAB stock, yet. I did shoot it with the ncstar stock it came with. With the recoil of the round, I was a bit concerned that it might not be up to the task. I was wrong. With the suppressor, even the small recoil pad of this particular stock, was adequate and the stock was fine. I replaced a Rem 700 with the Howa to try out this chassis. As it turns out, there was no change in weight. Still 14.2 pounds but the smaller foreend of the chassis makes it easier to hold and it is “quicker.”
I have zeroed it and look foreword to shooting some more after I win the lottery!
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 9:50:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Have the same setup exactly except with Savage backbone.  THIS is the butt stock I went with. Works perfectly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top