Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2019 9:36:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: APSaf]
I have a 30 caliber suppressor, Griffin Armament Paladin and it's great. I also have a Tikka T3 Hunter chambered in 270 win with a 22-inch Barrel that I had threaded to fit my suppressor. It shoots like a dream... however, it's a little bit front-heavy and kind of sucks to carry around in the woods all day. I am considering getting a bolt action rifle with a 16 in Barrel (most likely chambered in 308 as I don't think 270 win would be a good choice for a 16 inch barrel) in hopes that this will be a lighter and better balanced rifle with a suppressor mounted.  If I get the 308 I'll be getting rid of the 270 so I'm wondering if trading in my 22 inch barrel 270 win for a 16 inch barrel 308 is worth it, or if I should just stop being a pussy and deal with my 22in barrel 270 win?

I'm sure I'll regret asking this but... How much of a difference will 6 inches really make?
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 10:13:17 PM EDT
[#1]
A s—t ton in handiness, a fair bit in weight.

Arfcom standard answer? Get both!

Really.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top