Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 11:58:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 2:59:06 PM EDT
[#2]
So, coming back to update results...

The liquid version turned into one big, soft jelly mass when it cooled. I used a hand mixer and beat it for a couple of minutes and it is back to a normal detergent type consistency. Just a heads up for none making it, maybe best to let it cool in a bucket so it is easy to beat back to a liquid if necessary. 5 minutes of work to fix, no big deal.

I did a load with it yesterday. Some of the clothes were heavily stained with vegetables (carrots and green beans). Used a bar of Fels as a stain pretreatment, set for half an hour, then did the load with 1/4c of tne liquid detergent. All of the clothes came out stain free and unscented, which is important in our home as there is some skin sensitivity to detergents with added scents.

Laundry department relayed that it was a great success!
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 8:20:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Been doing this for years.
I found that the problem with Fels Naptha is, it coagulates when the mixture cools.
I switched to liquid Castile soap, and that seems to have stopped the problem.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 10:40:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dr_Dickie:
Been doing this for years.
I found that the problem with Fels Naptha is, it coagulates when the mixture cools.
I switched to liquid Castile soap, and that seems to have stopped the problem.
View Quote

As posted above, I had that issue. Using a hand mixer ended up with the mixture separating. I reheated it, let it cool most of the way to where it started to congeal, then shook and it went back to liquid again and stayed that way. When I do it in the future I'll just make sure to shake it up by hand
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 1:19:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LeadBreakfast:

As posted above, I had that issue. Using a hand mixer ended up with the mixture separating. I reheated it, let it cool most of the way to where it started to congeal, then shook and it went back to liquid again and stayed that way. When I do it in the future I'll just make sure to shake it up by hand
View Quote

I've only done the dry mixture but that has been working well for me for the last year.
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
wash your drawers (Page 8 of 8)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top