Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2022 11:40:21 AM EDT
what will be the ripple effect of European factors shutting down? Steel and aluminum factories  are  closed or a reduced capacity.
I have stocked up on Astra DE razor blades. There must be lots of others things that will be in short supply
Some items are still in the supply chain... right now.  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 2:39:49 PM EDT
[#1]
General availability will decrease, prices will increase, inflation will continue to increase worldwide.

China is also suffering factory shutdowns, some due to power limitations, some due to covid restrictions.

So, you will have to deal with inflated prices on raw materials, domestic manufacturing, as well as on both higher quality imports, and lower quality imports.  US Inflation will additionally continue to rise as employers try to retain employees by increasing their wages to allow the employees to "chase" the newly inflated costs.

This will continue until there is a general economic collapse, when the inflation will slow due to employees loosing their ability to purchase higher priced goods and services will drive the price down.  This will not occur until the consumer debt ratio (credit cards) are maxed out.

As a side note, over the last 4 months or so, I have seen the payment ratio change at my business (the sale of groceries & hardware).  We had been averaging being paid about 50% cash & checks, 50% debit & credit cards.  We are now being paid 60% credit & debit cards, 40% cash & check, as well as getting more requests to "hold" checks.  This suggests to me that expenses are increasingly exceeding income for a percentage of the population.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top