Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2020 2:32:54 PM EDT
Here is my review of an outfitter in north carolina I used recently. Trying to spread the word to save people the hassle. Accommodations were nice, food was good and everyone was very friendly. First odd thing was the Guide Billy Freeman called a week before the hunt asking for the rest of the money. Thats not how that works. My main issue is we weren't hunting wild pigs. Billy Freeman was the one I talked to at the outdoor show where we booked the hunt. He told me these were wild pigs. There were red flags. We baited spots with no sign and hunted over it the next morning. My friend hunted a spot with no bait twice. No attention was paid to the wind. Guide smelled of booze. There's a pen of feral pigs at the house. That was a red flag day one. I asked Billy about them and he said those were used for when little kids hunt to make sure they get one. The routine was sit in the stand, guides spot pigs, pick us up from our stands and try to put us on them. Both times there was a large dog crate in the trucks. Same crate, two different trucks. A crate large enough to transport hogs. We approached the pigs up wind and they just stood there as we shot them at close range. I've only hunted these animals once before at another outfitter but they were very alert and spooky. These seemed tame. They were out there that afternoon right before they grabbed us. My gut instinct was telling me it was off the whole time. 750 bucks wasted. I feel cheated and robbed.  I didn't confront them. Didn't have any hard evidence to argue my case but we knew. The reason he put no effort into choosing our stand or properly baiting is because he knew he would just put a tame pig in front of us. After I got home I called the the owner Ashley Wishall. He admitted they put these tame pigs out to make sure people have success. He tried justifying it. I would not of gone on this hunt if I knew. Such a shady underhanded lying operation. I'm disgusted.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 12:29:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw your post on PM... sorry you had such a suck hunt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top