Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2019 5:48:26 PM EDT
I bought a used Kubota early in 2018.

I was using it today and it started 4 times this morning as I did various tasks.

Completed the last task and went to start it to put it away and ..... nothing....

Tried jumping it [from my utv and then a truck] and the solenoid would try and engage but couldn't start it.

Pulled the battery and took it to a neighbor, who is real handy, I knew he could test it, and when he did the battery is toast.

I plan on selling the tractor in a few months so want to put something decent in it but also don't want something over the top.

What do you recommend?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 12:01:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Basic same size battery from Walmart.
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 12:50:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Duh... on my part....

I need to think more outside the box.

I was thinking I don't want to go to a dealer and pay an extraordinary price but being new to equipment maintenance that is where my thoughts went.

Off to wally's or similar place I go.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#3]
That is what I did for my Yanmar. Took the old battery in and match it to one of those $50 or so batteries they sell at Walmart.
Did that about 4 years ago and still going strong. ( Now I just jinxed myself)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top