Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2024 7:50:28 PM EDT
I have had this 12.5''  6.5 Grendel  sbr in the back of the safe for a couple years with no optic and no job. I finally decided to get an optic and decided to dip my toes into the thermal game so I would have something for night hunting. I went with an AGM rattler v2 ts19-256.

rifle

red fox at 50-60 yards

same fox at 150-170 yards, video also shows some display colors  and zoom but I had to trim it for Imgur

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:54:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool gun set up.
Thermal is a game changer for sure!
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:15:15 PM EDT
[#2]
NICE! Great lookin setup! Have fun with it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

it's my favorite hobby.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nobody69s:
Cool gun set up.
Thermal is a game changer for sure!
View Quote

Thanks! It is definitely a game changer, such cool technology and it is advancing so quickly.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:53:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SoVa:

Thanks! It is definitely a game changer, such cool technology and it is advancing so quickly.
View Quote
First time I put an eye ball through the Iray RH25 my jaw dropped at the clarity.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:32:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Sweet!

I love my Rattler. Thermal and digital night vision are damn near unbeatable, though image intensifying has its place.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 10:30:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By lew:
Sweet!

I love my Rattler. Thermal and digital night vision are damn near unbeatable, though image intensifying has its place.
View Quote
@lew what your digital nv setup? I have the thermal would like a less expensive option on the nv side to move around some
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 11:56:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By gman82001:
@lew what your digital nv setup? I have the thermal would like a less expensive option on the nv side to move around some
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gman82001:
Sweet!

@gman82001 I have the Sionyx Aurora. I'm not high speed, but it works well for me navigating around out here in the sticks. Being able to discern some colors at night is a huge advantage for me. My brother's looking at getting an Opsin. The Aurora's no top-of-the-line Gen. 3 image intensifying tube, so keep that in mind. However, it does have some other advantages that, in conjunction with thermal, make it very competent. I do like being able to record images and video, which is not something most II tubes are going to be able to do.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 10:07:50 AM EDT
[#9]

@gman82001 I have the Sionyx Aurora. I'm not high speed, but it works well for me navigating around out here in the sticks. Being able to discern some colors at night is a huge advantage for me. My brother's looking at getting an Opsin. The Aurora's no top-of-the-line Gen. 3 image intensifying tube, so keep that in mind. However, it does have some other advantages that, in conjunction with thermal, make it very competent. I do like being able to record images and video, which is not something most II tubes are going to be able to do.
View Quote
Perfect thank you I have actually looked at them and thought about going that route
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I both the same sight OP. I have been really impressed with ot so far. I've been out a couple of times but have not killed anything yet. I heard some coyotes behind the house the other night and got it out and mounted it on the tripod. I never saw any coyotes, but watched 9 deer who were looking for them also.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 7:45:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AL25:
I both the same sight OP. I have been really impressed with ot so far. I've been out a couple of times but have not killed anything yet. I heard some coyotes behind the house the other night and got it out and mounted it on the tripod. I never saw any coyotes, but watched 9 deer who were looking for them also.
View Quote

I waited way too long to get it but I am very happy to have it now, definitely adds capability to the arsenal.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:08:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Punched some numbers in the ballistic solver, decided 50 yards was going to be my best zero on this rifle for 0-200 yard shots on fox size animals, was able to shoot a little under a .5” group at 50 and hit 4-6” steel plates at 100,150 and 200.

So far im very pleased with the set up.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice set up.

I have the TS25-256.   Have shot a few hogs with it, works very well. I've put it on my sons .350 Legend AR15 and my 7.62x39 AR15. Thermal is definitely a game changer at night.

Shot this one walking in to where I was going to set up for the night.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top