Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2024 7:50:28 PM EDT
I have had this 12.5''  6.5 Grendel  sbr in the back of the safe for a couple years with no optic and no job. I finally decided to get an optic and decided to dip my toes into the thermal game so I would have something for night hunting. I went with an AGM rattler v2 ts19-256.

rifle

red fox at 50-60 yards

same fox at 150-170 yards, video also shows some display colors  and zoom but I had to trim it for Imgur

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:54:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool gun set up.
Thermal is a game changer for sure!
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:15:15 PM EDT
[#2]
NICE! Great lookin setup! Have fun with it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:28:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

it's my favorite hobby.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nobody69s:
Cool gun set up.
Thermal is a game changer for sure!
View Quote

Thanks! It is definitely a game changer, such cool technology and it is advancing so quickly.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 9:53:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SoVa:

Thanks! It is definitely a game changer, such cool technology and it is advancing so quickly.
View Quote
First time I put an eye ball through the Iray RH25 my jaw dropped at the clarity.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:32:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Sweet!

I love my Rattler. Thermal and digital night vision are damn near unbeatable, though image intensifying has its place.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 10:30:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By lew:
Sweet!

I love my Rattler. Thermal and digital night vision are damn near unbeatable, though image intensifying has its place.
View Quote
@lew what your digital nv setup? I have the thermal would like a less expensive option on the nv side to move around some
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 11:56:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By gman82001:
@lew what your digital nv setup? I have the thermal would like a less expensive option on the nv side to move around some
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gman82001:
Sweet!

@gman82001 I have the Sionyx Aurora. I'm not high speed, but it works well for me navigating around out here in the sticks. Being able to discern some colors at night is a huge advantage for me. My brother's looking at getting an Opsin. The Aurora's no top-of-the-line Gen. 3 image intensifying tube, so keep that in mind. However, it does have some other advantages that, in conjunction with thermal, make it very competent. I do like being able to record images and video, which is not something most II tubes are going to be able to do.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 10:07:50 AM EDT
[#9]

@gman82001 I have the Sionyx Aurora. I'm not high speed, but it works well for me navigating around out here in the sticks. Being able to discern some colors at night is a huge advantage for me. My brother's looking at getting an Opsin. The Aurora's no top-of-the-line Gen. 3 image intensifying tube, so keep that in mind. However, it does have some other advantages that, in conjunction with thermal, make it very competent. I do like being able to record images and video, which is not something most II tubes are going to be able to do.
View Quote
Perfect thank you I have actually looked at them and thought about going that route
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I both the same sight OP. I have been really impressed with ot so far. I've been out a couple of times but have not killed anything yet. I heard some coyotes behind the house the other night and got it out and mounted it on the tripod. I never saw any coyotes, but watched 9 deer who were looking for them also.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 7:45:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AL25:
I both the same sight OP. I have been really impressed with ot so far. I've been out a couple of times but have not killed anything yet. I heard some coyotes behind the house the other night and got it out and mounted it on the tripod. I never saw any coyotes, but watched 9 deer who were looking for them also.
View Quote

I waited way too long to get it but I am very happy to have it now, definitely adds capability to the arsenal.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:08:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Punched some numbers in the ballistic solver, decided 50 yards was going to be my best zero on this rifle for 0-200 yard shots on fox size animals, was able to shoot a little under a .5” group at 50 and hit 4-6” steel plates at 100,150 and 200.

So far im very pleased with the set up.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice set up.

I have the TS25-256.   Have shot a few hogs with it, works very well. I've put it on my sons .350 Legend AR15 and my 7.62x39 AR15. Thermal is definitely a game changer at night.

Shot this one walking in to where I was going to set up for the night.

Top Top