Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2022 9:58:34 PM EDT
Went hunting this weekend.  First thing we do is drive around and show my buddy the lay of the land. We come to this gas pipeline (40 yard wide section that I have always seen turkey in) and see a smoke phase turkey.  Beautiful black and white with little grey.  
Looked at her for five minutes before I determined that she had no beard.  She is huge. The size of a Tom.
She made several appearances at my set this weekend.
MI doesn’t allow hens to be taken in the spring.  Here is to hoping she makes it till the fall.

I will put a cell cam up tomorrow and hopefully catch a better pic.  

Here she is from 200yds away with two other hens with her.
Yes. I need to get a better pic.  
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 5:24:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Heard of them. Never saw one yet. Thanks for the pic.
(also hunting Big Tom in MI)
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 8:58:48 AM EDT
[#2]
nope. never seen one. Too many yotes and foxes around here for them to survive.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Drove out to put my trail camera up. She was walking in the road.  

No beard.  In an area that won’t allow public land hunting during the fall.  She is safe and will die of natural causes or hit by a car.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top