Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2022 5:46:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Smid]
. Got to make a trip down over the weekend to hunt with a buddy about an hour south of Witchita Falls and gotdamn there’s a lot of pigs there! and some nasty ass coyotes…. And boy am I jealous. If I wasn’t married I’d be trying to find a job there tomorrow.

We had upwards of 40 pigs and 5 coyotes in 2 nights for 2 shooters and that was a “slow night” for them

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 7:21:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad you enjoyed the hunt, we have plenty of both!
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 4:56:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nyktos] [#2]
I just moved north of Houston in Montgomery county and Im having the hardest time trying to find someone to blast hogs with.
I realize hunting at night is inherently dangerous, but I am no a stranger to night hunts. I guess its a trust issue (understandably so).

I have NODs, thermal, airborne thermal etc but no where to enjoy the toys at locally.
The only time i get to hunt is when the BIL is able to go off to his family ranch 2 hrs away, or i have to travel 6+ hours to my family ranches. I just want a place where I can call ahead of time and enjoy a Fri/Sat night hunt to relax and not be forced to pay $500 per person. Theres a hog issue and people want to gouge others to eradicate their problems.

Link Posted: 10/18/2022 10:47:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Smid] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nyktos:
I just moved north of Houston in Montgomery county and Im having the hardest time trying to find someone to blast hogs with.
I realize hunting at night is inherently dangerous, but I am no a stranger to night hunts. I guess its a trust issue (understandably so).

I have NODs, thermal, airborne thermal etc but no where to enjoy the toys at locally.
The only time i get to hunt is when the BIL is able to go off to his family ranch 2 hrs away, or i have to travel 6+ hours to my family ranches. I just want a place where I can call ahead of time and enjoy a Fri/Sat night hunt to relax and not be forced to pay $500 per person. Theres a hog issue and people want to gouge others to eradicate their problems.

View Quote

Try some of the Texas thermal pages or even the hometown section on this site. I used some Ohio local pages to find a few decent guys to hunt with and there’s no way anybody can be as social awkward as I am
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

Be careful using a drone, TXP&W frowns down on that.

"use aircraft (including drones, except by activity-specific permit) to hunt, locate (including wounded animals), manage, harass, drive, trap or photograph any wild animal."
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 3:03:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bud] [#5]

Link Posted: 10/22/2022 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought that this thread was about politicians (I saw "pigs and coyotes")
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 3:47:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: diggerwolf] [#7]
Originally Posted By electrojk:

Be careful using a drone, TXP&W frowns down on that.

"use aircraft (including drones, except by activity-specific permit) to hunt, locate (including wounded animals), manage, harass, drive, trap or photograph any wild animal."
View Quote

I don't think that applies to vermin.

I know they hunt hogs from helicopters around here.
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Be careful what you wish for OP. You don't want those wild boar around here.

Be very glad you have to travel to hunt them.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 9:21:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By aod886:

View Quote

Truer words have not been listened to…
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 10:16:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By aod886:

View Quote

They’ve already been spotted in SE Ohio, it’s just a matter of time I’d say
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 8:33:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Smid:

They’ve already been spotted in SE Ohio, it’s just a matter of time I’d say
View Quote

Most folks suspect those escaped from a "farm" or such.

But yes, there's been a few alleged sightings.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 10:05:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I live in a rural area west of Wichita Falls. Got up yesterday morning and found the tracks of a sow and several shoats that had walked within feet of my house. Shot this one 100+ yds. off the front porch a few weeks ago.

Just a few minutes ago took a shot at a coyote that's been in my chickens.

Just another day in paradise.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 5:57:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Eat_Beef:

My sister and BIL are in Iowa Colony.  I don't think he hunts except down here with me.  We've been trying to get my niece a hog the past couple of trips, but she's still a bit selective on her shots.
View Quote

WOW....Iowa Colony is WAY down in south Texas.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ggibbs:
I live in a rural area west of Wichita Falls. Got up yesterday morning and found the tracks of a sow and several shoats that had walked within feet of my house. Shot this one 100+ yds. off the front porch a few weeks ago.

https://i.imgur.com/RuU49iCl.jpg

View Quote

Just rub it in some more
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Just rub it in some more
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/RuU49iCl.jpg

Just rub it in some more

I live about an hour south of Wichita Falls and I trap enough hogs in the fall to finance most of my hunting and shooting habit.

I have killed over thirty in the last month within a thousand yards of my back patio. Some within a hundred yards.
Life is good.....
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#17]

WOW....Iowa Colony is WAY down in south Texas.
View Quote

Its on the outskirts of Houston.

My sarcasm meter must be broken...
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 8:31:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 9:48:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By fullclip:

I live about an hour south of Wichita Falls and I trap enough hogs in the fall to finance most of my hunting and shooting habit.

I have killed over thirty in the last month within a thousand yards of my back patio. Some within a hundred yards.
Life is good.....
View Quote

Yeah… that’s awesome lol. Are you near Jacksboro, that’s where I hunted when I was down
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 11:26:37 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

I wish you were closer to Dallas
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 12:43:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By hrt4me:

I wish you were closer to Dallas
View Quote

@hrt4me

If you got hogs I'm willing to make a road trip!
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 10:04:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#22]
There are people in that area (I lived in Conroe for 15 yrs, moved in May of 22) who will let you hog hunt with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top