Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2024 11:14:43 PM EDT
Anyone successfully use the free Yaesu software? (ADMS 7 I think).
I have downloaded it, but it does not seem to interact well with repeaterbook (which has a very nice download option for free - makes life easy as you can download by location, route, etc)

Would prefer to use the free software, rather than pay the $25 for RT Systems (which I have used successfully with other radios).

I try and download the CSV file from my computer to the software (saved from repeaterbook) and I get "error" message.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:48:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Colt653] [#1]
I use the ADMS-15 for my Yaesu FTM-200

I simply type in what I need

good enough for me

and the price is right ( free)

....it may have let me import from my FTM-100 files, I can't remember

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:22:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I like to change the frequencies frequently, as we travel to different places.
I keep the core 40 or so consistent, but then change up as we drive to PA or CT or wherever.
Too much typing, way easier to download...
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:36:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Colt653] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By penrod72:
I like to change the frequencies frequently, as we travel to different places.
I keep the core 40 or so consistent, but then change up as we drive to PA or CT or wherever.
Too much typing, way easier to download...
View Quote

I get it

I used to do that every family vacation.

I guess with the SD Card, on the FTM-200 and FTM-400, we'd only need the software, and not the USB cable

Hmm..... $25

might be worth it

I think the RT stuff does have a pull down for repeaterbook, Radio reference, etc

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:33:02 PM EDT
[#4]
RT definitely does, its how I program my ft 2750s, software and cable came with one of them. Makes it so easy.
I am going to post the question on QRZ, and if there is not a good answer I guess I will spend the $25.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:50:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TinLeg] [#5]
If you travel often, the easiest thing i have found to do is avoid programming in specific repeaters.

Instead, download all the repeaters in an area, sort by input / output freqs, and remove duplicate freqs.  Then build your scan list and set every channel to output tone.  (not tone squelch)

Using this method i have every 70cm and 2M repeater pair possible (except odd offsets) in the country programmed into my radio, and constantly on scan.  Hit the mic stop button when something interesting is heard.  Hit function -> tone scan to find the tone if i care to join in.  

Considering repeaterbook often has dead repeaters anyway, i've found this to be the simplest way to provide easy coverage of all possibilities when not spending time in a specific area.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I was amazed at how many repeaters are the same as local when traveling.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top