Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2021 8:57:45 PM EDT
I've seen them mentioned in a few threads but can't find them in the search. Mine is run with a Gen 3 G17TB. It's one of the various secondary items in the rotation because of its small footprint.

I'm curious how y'all are running them. I have run it with a romeo 5 and side light, plus the angled front grip/spare mag holder, i liked the way it shot but felt that the red dot made it a bit bulkier than what I intended it for. I've even thrown one of my suppressors on and liked it but again, If I'm going to go that far, the FM9 is the better option for me, but I wanted something in between my g19 and the ar9. I feel good about it when it gets the nod to go in the backpack. That and a few 33rd Oem glock mags and in good. What additions are you actually running on it and do you edc it or put it in your glovebox? Obviously that option isn't for everyone, depending on where you live and what your risk is.

ETA: oh and I've also run it with a gen 2 glock 23.  I like it that way too.

I like to see what others are running on similar items that I have and use. Obligatory pic

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:49:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I have two... both on G17.3.... one is a Vortex Venom footprint slide, the other is for an RMR2 milled by BattleWerx.... both have the mag well front grip, and light... the Venom's light is a ProTac 2 in a vertically dropped Viking Tactic mount....the Venom typically rides in a small nylon bag (with shoulder strap) on the front floorboard of the truck... couple of extra mags and some trauma supplies

the Recover Tactical was the end of a couple year search for a dependable truck gun platform that would give me over match past 75m or so, and still be able to be fired from inside the cab one handed if necessary.... less blast than a 7.5 or 10.5 5.56, and more reliable and much smaller profile than an AR9... around 2" at 50m off a rest... also the least expensive option (B&T would have my money if they had a brace version) as I already had the donor pistols... regards
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 7:36:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought the kit when it first came out and gave it to my son to use on his airsoft.  he gave it back. it's sitting in a box somewhere
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 7:54:02 AM EDT
[#3]
i have one im probably gonna list on the ee for sale or trade. i want the newer one that fits the poly 80 frame since my poly g17 is set up with a red dot
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I hate glocks. the only reason I own one is so that I can have it in a FLux brace with the flashmag attachment. I love it in that role. The brace packs up smaller than the recover tactical (still fits in the original glock box) but I can shoot it as well as an MP5. Same ballistics, too.

honestly this kind of gun makes a ton of sense to me. Small enough to have with you, big enough to be useful. I call mine a Glove Box PDW
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 9:35:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 9:37:50 PM EDT
[#6]
The flux is pretty cool and if I knew about it before the RT 20/20 I may have gone that way, but under the circumstances I'm pretty happy with mine.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 10:23:39 PM EDT
[#7]
considerable difference in price.... applies vs. oranges
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 10:43:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got one on a G19 and one on a polymer80 G19 build. Both have MRDS's-one is a Trijicon SRO, one is a Holosun 509T. I regret the SRO because it had water freeze on the back of the window in cold weather and was useless until it thawed. For a light/laser I went with an Olight that I'm really happy with except for the lack of a lockout function to keep from killing the battery when the pressure switch gets bumped in a backpack etc.

You really do need to get a red dot of some flavor on yours. These are perfectly capable of hitting man sized targets out to 150 yards. Heads at 120.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 11:34:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
considerable difference in price.... applies vs. oranges
View Quote

There are differences.  The FLUX is more compact and quick to get into action, but between the two, the Recover Tactical is faster/easier to add or remove and the brace doesn't mess with your grip as much as the FLUX.  

I like both and ended up getting both as per ARFCOM SOP  For a novice, I would recommend the Recover Tactical because it still serves the same purpose with a cheaper price tag.  Unless size is the primary factor, it's my first recommendation.  

ROCK6
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 9:18:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Just a head's up, these are available for P80's, M&P's and now 1911's.

I got a P80 model a few months ago and was happier with the fit than with my Glock. This company is turning out new stuff every month it seems like, and first gen 20/20 braces have been marked down to $75 a pop at a few places I have seen from $100 for the base model. I personally can't think of a better value in the shooting world than one of these, there is nothing you can put on an extra MRDS equipped Glock or whatever you have laying around that will give you the capability one of these braced PDW's will.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 6:22:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I put one on an G17 with an Advantage Arms 22lr LE conversion.

Pros: it is light weight, the holster is great,  brace works well as a brace, don't even need the strap on, nice light mount.

Cons: it's light weight means it's flimsy feeling, but far better than putting on a brace that attaches to the bottom of the grip.

I'm not disappointed.

Link Posted: 1/2/2022 12:26:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I have the Recover Tactical 20/21 for my Glock Model 40.

It changed the way I use that sidearm completely, to the good.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 12:45:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Had a Flux and a Micro Roni.

The Roni is just way too big. It was cool when there weren't other options.

I sold the Flux after buying the recover 20/20. I still liked the Flux, but it wasn't hundreds of dollars better than the recover tactical. Sold it and came out fine.

The recover is great in my opunion. I have the holster and the mag holder (although not shown in my pic). It works very well.

I also switch out the slide to the AA .22 conversion. You have to be creative to get a good sight alignment with factory sights, but it does work.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 12:52:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just a head's up, these are available for P80's, M&P's and now 1911's.
View Quote

I would love to see one for a Ruger 57
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 1:09:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I grabbed a Recover 20/80 when P80 was doing their 50% off sale for Black Friday.  I'm torn about what slide to put on it.  19, 17, 34, or build a 17L for it.

If I like how this works I might actually buy a 22TCM9R upper for it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 12:08:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Is there any way to attach a light when the 20/20 is in use.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#17]
if you don't have the front mag well/grip option, there is a section of 1913 rail on the bottom of the trigger guard extension ...  use the optional sections of 1913 rail attached to the front of the brace with or without the mag well brace option... I mount a TLR-1 on one brace and use a Viking Tactics drop mount a Streamlight Pro Tac to the other...
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 4:13:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Recover now has a forward rail mount for optics
which allows one to use non-milled slides and
still use a red dot. It is reported to have some
flex, but at intended/realistic distances, I
don't see that as a problem. I would prefer
that this optic mount bridged to both sides
for more rigidity, but who am I to judge?
Pretty slick adder, IMO.

The Flux's are built like tanks and have great
customer support, but the Recover comes in
at great price point. Both have really good
accessories, as well.

Link Posted: 1/16/2022 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I’m a flux fan Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 9:33:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've seen them mentioned in a few threads but can't find them in the search. Mine is run with a Gen 3 G17TB. It's one of the various secondary items in the rotation because of its small footprint.

I'm curious how y'all are running them. I have run it with a romeo 5 and side light, plus the angled front grip/spare mag holder, i liked the way it shot but felt that the red dot made it a bit bulkier than what I intended it for. I've even thrown one of my suppressors on and liked it but again, If I'm going to go that far, the FM9 is the better option for me, but I wanted something in between my g19 and the ar9. I feel good about it when it gets the nod to go in the backpack. That and a few 33rd Oem glock mags and in good. What additions are you actually running on it and do you edc it or put it in your glovebox? Obviously that option isn't for everyone, depending on where you live and what your risk is.

ETA: oh and I've also run it with a gen 2 glock 23.  I like it that way too.

I like to see what others are running on similar items that I have and use. Obligatory pic

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/214613/FA700887-2239-4605-BC7F-403DC290829D-2046832.jpg
View Quote

Wait, a slide mounted red dot made the gun so bulky that you would rather use your 9mm AR...... but that gigantic mag holder grip thingy doesn't?

I dunno bro, I've never seen a 9mm AR that will fit in a glove box or laptop bag.

I have two, a G23/9 with an SRO with a KKM match barrel and a Ghost trigger kit in it and a P80 version with a Silencerco threaded barrel, Timney trigger, and a Holosun 509T. Of the two I much prefer the P80 build... Trigger is way nicer, sight is way nicer, and the barrel is more accurate-particularly with my powderpuff match loads. I think the SiCo barrel might have a faster twist rate and stabilizes everything better because in the Glock with the KKM match barrel, the only ammo that will go head shots at 120m is 115 grain.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Pretty slick adder, IMO.

accessories, as well.

https://www.recovertactical.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/UR20p.jpg
View Quote

Personally, I'd rather get an MRDS mount that uses the rear sight dovetail to mount. They are a lot less money than a slide getting milled-if I didn't have a good friend that is in the business of milling slides, that's what I'd do-they need a little height anyway.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I grabbed a Recover 20/80 when P80 was doing their 50% off sale for Black Friday.  I'm torn about what slide to put on it.  19, 17, 34, or build a 17L for it.

If I like how this works I might actually buy a 22TCM9R upper for it.
View Quote

a 19 doesn't look funny in one of these, it's what I would do if I were looking for best portability.

Before you start looking at boutique calibers, try the 68 grain  Lehigh Defense bullets. They are doing 1720 out of my G19 in the Recover....... and I just got a Austrian 7.5" IGB barrel from YRS..... I think they will be in the 1900 range without an excessive powder charge-maybe even at the recommended charge.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 1:02:32 AM EDT
[#23]
A dovetail mount would be another practical
option, but the forward & higher mount from
Recover has my interest as a better candidate
for use in front of a NOD, if needed. I have all
of my carry Glocks set up with slide mounted
MRDS's, so I would like to try this mount from
Recover just for giggles. I plan to try it with
a bigger red dot like the Holosun 403R that I
have stashed away for a rainy day. And this
will allow my put my stock G22 upper back
into useful rotation, as well.

Great discussion.

Quoted:

Personally, I'd rather get an MRDS mount that uses the rear sight dovetail to mount. They are a lot less money than a slide getting milled-if I didn't have a good friend that is in the business of milling slides, that's what I'd do-they need a little height anyway.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2022 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#24]
I wouldn't put any red dot on one of these unless it was an enclosed unit. I've had freezing problems with an SRO that Bricked it on a cold, foggy night with sleet.

Open Emitter MRDS's are fine when covered by clothing on a carry gun or in a holster that covers the rear of the optic. A setup like a Recover 2020 brace is carried off body where it sweats and freezes in cold weather-even the old finger and a T-shirt trick didn't fix it because the emitter itself was frozen over.... in 31 degree weather.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I wouldn't put any red dot on one of these unless it was an enclosed unit. I've had freezing problems with an SRO that Bricked it on a cold, foggy night with sleet.

Open Emitter MRDS's are fine when covered by clothing on a carry gun or in a holster that covers the rear of the optic. A setup like a Recover 2020 brace is carried off body where it sweats and freezes in cold weather-even the old finger and a T-shirt trick didn't fix it because the emitter itself was frozen over.... in 31 degree weather.
View Quote

Fair point. I did upgrade to the Holosun 509 model which is a closed emitter for pretty much this reason. I think for many, these are just good minimalist truck guns, around the house, or if carried, carried concealed in a bag.  Weather and environmental conditions matter and knowing the limitations is important for any tool you choose.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 1:13:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Pretty slick adder, IMO.

accessories, as well.

https://www.recovertactical.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/UR20p.jpg
View Quote

I have one. It's really flimsy.
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 7:57:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree. I also have issues dealing with the height over bore for shooting close range targets.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I agree. I also have issues dealing with the height over bore for shooting close range targets.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Height over bore I can deal with, but to much
flex might be a deal breaker.

Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 6:00:17 AM EDT
[#29]
for the material used in its construction, there are some compromises... with the optional front grip, i use both hands to tension the brace, but not apply gorilla pressure... I get about a 1/4 deflection of the location of the dot in my RMR2 when I locate the brace to my shoulder...with conscious pull of my cheek to the rear of the brace, get good centering of the dot

at one time I could shoot 2" groups with a 1911 at 25m offhand, but my 9mms were never that accurate (except my G45)....with the brace I can shoot 2" groups at 50m
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:59:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Height over bore I can deal with, but to much
flex might be a deal breaker.

Thanks for the input.
View Quote

If I end up keeping my brace, I will likely machine a replacement optic mount that is supported on both sides to reduce flex.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Just got one off the EE for my G35 with RMR.
I really like it.
Need more trigger time.

Also would like to develope a sling to keep it concealed under a jacket, and in the shape of a shoulder holster to remain concealed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top