Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2019 8:37:27 AM EDT
I’m in a stand in the woods. Shotgun only county. I’ve seen nothing yet.

You all?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 8:59:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

All quiet around here, also.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 9:32:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Been in the blind since 0530.

Attachment Attached File

According to my spypoint camera I scared off a doe on the way in to the blind thus morning.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 9:50:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Nothing at my stand yet. The boys have seen does and one buck, didn't shoot.
Oddly, a couple of game wardens talked to one of our guys. Where he sits they would have a couple mile walk across private land. Seems like an interesting place to work on opening morning.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 9:55:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ll be headed back to camp this afternoon. Cold front pushing in so I have high hopes for this evening and tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 1:32:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Feral dogs ran away the only does I saw this morning. My nephew and a pair of buddies came down to hunt. We’ve seen over 30 deer in two hunts.
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 10:52:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

Archery-only zone near the house.  Nice evening.  Did a run-and-gun setup in this hardwood tucked up against a swamp on the edge of the pine barrens.  No deers spotted.

ETA:  forgot to mention that I used a tree saddle (I'm required to say that).
Link Posted: 11/30/2019 11:04:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

Late muzzleloader season.

Cold and sunny, terrible blacktail weather, haven't seen shit in two days.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll probably go out this afternoon with my crossbow. Gun season starts tomorrow here and I'll be in my stand where hunters run deer by me from an adjacent property to mine. I've shot a number of does there opening mornings before, and last year I got a 12 pointer with a 20" inside spread that way.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 1:41:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File

lotta snow coming in a couple hours.

ETA:  Saw 4 does early.  I did a gentleman's hunt (in about a hour and half after sunrise) and bagged-ass at 1:30.  3" of snow on the car by the time I got back (mile and a half).  Also, spent the better part of 30 minutes tossing line at a 25' limb that should have been pretty easy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top