Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2023 11:26:10 PM EDT
I’m putting together truck  med kits. Looked at Israeli  bandages
There appears  to be a variety of types 4 inch 6 inch.
What does ARFCOM recommend and where to get them
I don’t shan’t chi on copy’s thanks
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:43:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By jvm:
I’m putting together truck  med kits. Looked at Israeli  bandages
There appears  to be a variety of types 4 inch 6 inch.
What does ARFCOM recommend and where to get them
View Quote

Bigger is better unless there is a size constraint like putting it in a pocket, so go for the 6" for bigger kits.

Originally Posted By jvm:
I don’t shan’t chi on copy’s thanks
View Quote

If you are having a stroke please seek medical attention.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:50:00 PM EDT
[#2]
No stroke I’m aware of auto correct is not you friend, will try to be a better proof reader
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 9:32:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ColtRifle] [#3]
For small kits I stock them with the 4 inch. For everything else I have the 4 inch and the 6 inch.

In the past I have bought them from Amazon and eBay.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#4]
if volume is not a problem in your kit, OLAES bandage comes with an occlusive sheet to help seal a chest wound, but the vacuum packaging produces a non symmetrical package

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00852JIJE?tag=arfcom00-20
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:27:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Get both
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 9:16:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a mix of 4s and 6s, plus a thoracic bandage in each of my kits. The 4s are nice for smaller kits.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 8:52:35 PM EDT
[#7]
H over Israeli.
Link Posted: 7/4/2023 4:48:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Flat packed olaes bandages are your friend.
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 8:15:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sefus:
H over Israeli.
View Quote

I too prefer the H and H bandages over Israeli.  But as to your questions, best to have some of each size.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 1:13:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I prefer the Olaes bandages for their multi function capability.

I've used Chinook Medical for years as their prices are decent.

Chinook Medical
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 1:51:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Two-dogs:
I prefer the Olaes bandages for their multi function capability.

I've used Chinook Medical for years as their prices are decent.

Chinook Medical
View Quote

I work EMS amd we carry OLAES... I am not a fan it's too big...to bulky and it is lime they tried to make it the jack of all trades bandage and it isn't great at any of them.  I like the NAR ETD no gimmicks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 3:25:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Acropolis5] [#12]
In my larger kits I use the 6” Izzy bandages with the second ( slidable ) pad.  That last you get entry and exit wounds with one Babbage.  OR take the mobile pad off and tape it or. Vet wrap/ kling gauze it to a completely separate wound.the Twin pad ones are only marginally thicker than the single pad bandages.

In my smaller kits I use the smaller H & H compact bandage. They are the ne plus ultra of compact compression bandages.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Z-Gauze and Ace wraps packs smaller, is more versatile, and does the same job.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 8:22:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By sefus:
H over Israeli.
View Quote

I've used both. The little 'H' thing doesn't seem to do much. Take your pick between the two of them.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:51:50 AM EDT
[#15]
A flat packed 4” olaes is what you seek.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 3:55:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Oales. If you have to choose...4inch. You should probably have one of each in your carry around kit.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:11:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Mystic6:
Z-Gauze and Ace wraps packs smaller, is more versatile, and does the same job.
View Quote

I've been carrying Israelis, NARs, and some other compression bandages over the years and have luckily never had a need to use them.   I'm thinking there was never a need to upgrade from z-gauze and an Ace for my use case.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 9:45:54 AM EDT
[#18]
I keep a 6" in each vehicle and my EDC bag.  For my smaller chest rig and belt setup I pack 4".

Actually, just ordered some new ones on ebay yesterday!
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#19]
I prefer the Israeli 6” it’s reasonably versatile and you can make it work in a lot of scenarios. I also do like the direct pressure application feature as that’s consistent with literally any medical training on hemorrhage control. That and I’m not a big fan of hauling around a tonne of different sizes. Plus, better to have extra than not enough.

Some NAR s-fold gauze, hemostatic bandage and a 6” Israeli bandage can stabilize a lot of badness. Naturally have enough tourniquets. Also this is for an IFAK of fix what’s probably going to kill you in the next 5 minutes, not a comprehensive treatment kit.

Lastly accept that there are some injuries that nothing short of a surgeon is going to be able to stabilize or fix. You catch a round through your iliac and no amount of dressings or tourniquets are going to fix that.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:20:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: trapsh00ter99] [#20]
I like the Israeli T3's. 4" size, but expandable pad and gauze for packing all in one.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top