Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2020 4:31:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Norinco982lover]
Hi Guys,

Looking to get into Archery. What would be a good bow? I know nothing about Archery bows.
Went to Cabelas and looked around, but I don't trust them guys at all. Decided to ask here.
Mathews seems to be a name with a good rep.
Found a Mathews Ovation on Craigslist for $200.
This will be only for target. No hunting at all. Mainly just to go out and have fun. (Cheaper than a .308)
Please list a few suggestions. Trying to stay at around $300.
Would prefer something that can be upgraded later on and add a few things like i see in some pictures.
Thanks!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 3:34:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LeoMPK28] [#1]
The diamond infinite edge (made by bowtech which is a great brand) bow has a pretty solid reputation for being a great starter bow, if not the best.  Mainly because it’s super adjustable.

The draw weight can be tuned way down and all the way up to 70lbs.  So you can learn technique with the lighter pull then crank it up when ready.

The draw length is essentially adjustable for kids and adults to use it .  So if you get a new bow later it make a great loaner bow or a bow for your kids.

First thing you need to do is get measured for your draw length.  They’ll do it at cabelas  or any archery place.

Edit:  my experience and therefore suggestions are from an archery hunters prospective.  Don’t know much about target bows
Top Top