Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2018 10:46:01 AM EDT
So someone mentioned the concept of putting in for out of state quota hunts that allow you to bring a guest hunter as a way of paying your way for a hunt...

So what are the rare quota hunts that would fit this concept....like a CO bighorn tag...would that allow a guest to tag along and fill the tag? What other tags would fit that mold?

My thinking is....if I won a sheep tag...I could let another hunter use it at the cost of paying my way out there and supplying me with a license and OTC elk tag or something... Or if I won a PA elk tag then I could do the same with for a deer tag...

Just thinking tossing the idea around in my head because it could be a cheap way to fund a trip
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:51:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure any Western states allow someone else to fill your tag.  To me the Holy Grail of drawn tags would be a bighorn sheep tag in Montana's Missouri Breaks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Completely illegal in Colorado and I don't know any Western State that would allow this. The closest you would get is a transferable landowner tag.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 12:14:19 AM EDT
[#3]
So in FL if you draw a quota hunt you are allowed to bring a guest on you permit but each hunter is allowed up to his bag limits that are spelled out in the management area rules. You aren't allowed guests out west?
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Out West your tag is your tag.  You can put in for permits as a group in some states, each hunter will get a tag.  That tag is theirs and theirs alone.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 11:09:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Never heard of such a thing. Sounds like "party hunting" which is a big no-no in the west.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So in FL if you draw a quota hunt you are allowed to bring a guest on you permit but each hunter is allowed up to his bag limits that are spelled out in the management area rules. You aren't allowed guests out west?
View Quote
Fuck no.
Top Top