Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2020 11:03:21 PM EDT
Many different repeaters and freq's, 2m and 70cm, all throughout the day. Sometimes last a few seconds, sometimes a few minutes.

Link Posted: 9/23/2020 11:04:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like DMR.

P25 has a TDMA mode, I haven't heard it, it might sound similar.

ETA: if this is amateur frequencies, it's DMR. Very popular nowadays. So little traffic on most repeaters that people want something interconnected.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 12:20:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 2:26:56 AM EDT
[#3]
These are in the amateur bands, on frequencies given by repeaterbook, and loaded into the baofeng and icom 2730 in the truck.

I'm inclined to believe the DMR, and not the marine story
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 7:00:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Repeater Book will show you the mode of the repeater (Fusion/DMR/Dstar/P25, etc...) Your radios listed are Analog/FM everything else will sound like a mess and hang your scan up.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 9:48:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Repeater Book will show you the mode of the repeater (Fusion/DMR/Dstar/P25, etc...) Your radios listed are Analog/FM everything else will sound like a mess and hang your scan up.
View Quote

I remove all the digital before loading from chirp. It wont load anyway, says not compatible with radio, or something like that.  I'll go back and look again as I know a few of the repeater call signs
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 10:32:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
These are in the amateur bands, on frequencies given by repeaterbook, and loaded into the baofeng and icom 2730 in the truck.

I'm inclined to believe the DMR, and not the marine story
View Quote

In the video your radio is set to 456.525. This is in the commercial/public safety land mobile radio (LMR) band, and is not an amateur frequency.

If you google "what does P25 sound like" you will get plenty of audio samples to compare to. To me it sounds like a P25 control channel. That "hammering" or "thrumming" noise is typical of control channels. Traffic channels sound more like continuous hiss.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 11:00:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Oops, missed that!

Definitely DMR, then.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I remove all the digital before loading from chirp. It wont load anyway, says not compatible with radio, or something like that.  I'll go back and look again as I know a few of the repeater call signs
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

chirp does not do digital
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

that's probably what i was thinking of. When transferring from the repeaterbook screen to the radio channels? I dont know, but i do remember at some point it gave an error message
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 10:15:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

that's probably what i was thinking of. When transferring from the repeaterbook screen to the radio channels? I dont know, but i do remember at some point it gave an error message
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you can program the repeater freqs and offsets from digital repeaters, but CHIRP has no way to program the digital contacts.

Chirp is for analog operations only.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 5:27:34 PM EDT
[#12]
That's a DMR repeater.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top