Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2024 12:16:58 AM EDT
Good grief. Went looking for a new RigRunner for some work I’m doing in my truck, and discovered that WMR is back ordered on essentially everything they sell until June.

Other options will be evaluated!
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:36:34 AM EDT
[#1]
They make good stuff, and they're a small shop so as soon as things come in they go out the door. Took me a good 10 months to get my 4005.

As an aside, the MFJ-1107 isn't half bad at all.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:55:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hayashi_Killian:
They make good stuff, and they're a small shop so as soon as things come in they go out the door. Took me a good 10 months to get my 4005.

As an aside, the MFJ-1107 isn't half bad at all.
View Quote

Spectacular. The 1106 may meet my needs, I need low profile for a behind the seat install. Thanks for the lead!
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:58:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Same thing last year. I think I waited 8 months, about 4 months into that I was staring at a pile of them at Hamvention.

They have to be losing a pile of money not keeping up.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:42:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: K9-Bob] [#4]
West Mountain has been like this for at least 15 years or more. COVID only made it worse.

There are some Chicom knock off stuff on Amazon that might work just as well.  YMMV

Wind Camp Power Distribution
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Wind Camp makes some good quality stuff.  I have the powerpole power adatper and flip-down legs for my FT818.  Really impressed with those two items.  I'd fo.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#6]
If you have a friend with a 3d printer, there are some DIY options out there.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:02:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Hamfest season is here. Might be able to find that way as well.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 8:31:50 PM EDT
[#8]
All good info. I'll do some more digging around. I'm not in a hurry, just debating the options for adding a GMRS into the truck next to the 2m/70cm. I could probably just as easily split the power with a Y and I'm over-complicating this.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:53:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By zercool:
All good info. I'll do some more digging around. I'm not in a hurry, just debating the options for adding a GMRS into the truck next to the 2m/70cm. I could probably just as easily split the power with a Y and I'm over-complicating this.
View Quote

For a simple Y split, you can do a step-down butt splice to join them together, and just fuse on the other side of the splice so both equipments are protected by the same fuse, assuming they would take a similar rating fuse.

The main advantage of a Rigrunner or similar is if you have a lot of gear you need to connect and fuse, since running inline fuse blocks everywhere is a massive pain in the ass. Having it centralized and using common and cheap ATO/ATC fuses makes management much easier when dealing with that much powered equipment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top