Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2023 9:07:17 PM EDT
I was working with the Equal-I-Zer WDH system and making sure it is adjusted correctly for our truck and camper. In the manual, the manufacturer shows their math to use your front wheel well numbers to get the proper percentage of adjustment. They want 50-100% distribution.  

As it sits now, I have 40%. If I move the L brackets up one hole, it goes to 120% distribution.  In order to get to 50%, I have to adjust it so the front comes down 1/32".

Now, to me, 1/32" is a rounding error when using a standard tape measure. I was trying to be as precise as possible, but there are a lot of factors involved including the ground, the tape measure, if im directly vertical through the axle, etc.

Seems like I could be chasing my tail for the last .03125" of adjustment. The only other adjustment involves a 320ft-lb torque wrench and adding another spacer washer in the head. Do I try to do that? Or is it even that big a deal?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#2]
You are over thinking it, set at 40% and take it for a drive. Every vehicle is different, if it does not feel right a few miles down the road stop and adjust it.
I had one adjustment for highway and another for backroads.
Get to know it a little.
Air pressures can change everything.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:29:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Another vote for cat scales. The app makes it a breeze. Load up like you’re going camping and get a weight with and without the bars. Everyone that pulls a camper should know what they’re axle weights are.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 8:51:21 AM EDT
[#5]
You will change more than 1/32" with a different amount of fuel in your truck.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Get the CAT "weigh my truck app" and find out exactly where you are at. 1/32nd is too little too worry about.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 9:01:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Another thought I had was that no one was in the truck when I did all the measuring. When we travel, it will be me (270#), the wife (130#) and three kids in the second row (approx 300#, for now). My weight alone should be enough to bring the front down enough.

There are a couple Cat Scales in my area, so I will check those out.

Thank you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top