Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2019 10:46:13 PM EDT
Looking for a new pair for ducks. Dont hunt that much anymore (maybe 10-12 days/ season).  Live in upstate SC but do alot of my hunting on the eastern shore of MD.  Heres the friggin kicker, im allergic to neoprene...like Anaphylactic shock staus. Yeah im a duck hunter thats allergic to neoprene..
Trust me i know it sucks . That being said my last pair of cabelas breathables finally gave up.  Looking at possibly the frogg toggs grand refuge 2.0-they seem to have solid reviews.  Anyone have any thoughts/recomendations or happen to own a pair of frogg toggs waders?
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#1]
If you google “ commercial fishing waders” you will find rubber options.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 12:39:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Why not another pair of Cabelas breathables? I used mine all year fishing the Yellowstone and Shields rivers. Not great for insulation but a pair of fleece pants underneath goes a long way toward warm.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 9:01:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I’m about  to buy a set of the Rogers Sporting Goods breathable waders. I’d check them out.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 8:47:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gsc0527:
Why not another pair of Cabelas breathables? I used mine all year fishing the Yellowstone and Shields rivers. Not great for insulation but a pair of fleece pants underneath goes a long way toward warm.
View Quote
Unfortunately the new models all have neoprene shoulder straps and knee reinforcement.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 9:36:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Have you looked at Banded breathable waders?
Link Posted: 10/26/2019 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By JDMnAR:
Have you looked at Banded breathable waders?
View Quote
I have seen them online, nobody I know has a pair however.  They look pretty good
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 9:04:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JDMnAR] [#7]
Originally Posted By Chadsc:

I have seen them online, nobody I know has a pair however.  They look pretty good
View Quote
I picked up a set of these thanks to a very nice sale at local store and they are the most comfortable I have had - and I have had Hodgman, Cabelas, Lacrosse, Bass Pro over the years.  My buddy has had the insulated Banded Redzone variety a couple of years now, and he just picked up the uninsulated ones also because he liked the others so much.

ETA:  Bass Pro has some Banded waders on clearance:  Banded
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 1:02:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Ordered a pair of roger's insulated breathables.  Alot of good reviews, well see how they are.  Looking forward to the zip in 120g liner.  Well see how they last.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Since Cabela's was bought by Bass Pro their Cabela's branded gear has gone to hell in a hand-basket.

I loved Cabela's waders but will not waste my time or money with another pair.  Junk like so much stuff with the Bass Pro (Redhead) logo...
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 9:37:32 PM EDT
[#10]
If they hold up, these rogers will be my favorite.  The zip out liner is fantastic. I dont love the strap clips-but not a deal breaker.  Been extremely happy so far.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 4:24:57 PM EDT
[#11]
There are no good waders.

I had neoprene waders for years...no leaks, warm, dry...

I've gone through 3 pair in 2 years now.  2 Rogers, both leaked...bought stupid expensive Sitka...they leaked too....and are cold as crap.  Nice to walk in though...

Buy Rogers and return them when they leak.  Don't buy banded anything.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 10:46:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Cabelas Ultimates for neoprene

I have 2 sets of Rogers Breathables. ( one Elite and one Toughman) that are fantastic.
I hunted 56 days this season in them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 10:54:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Simms.

Bought mine in about 2004.  Fixed a few pinhole leaks last year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top