Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2023 8:36:23 PM EDT
Trying to get my old man at least one unused meal unit in box. Preferably from 1967. One last sold on Ebay back in July. Anyone have a good lead?
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 10:02:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Scalped:
Trying to get my old man at least one unused meal unit in box. Preferably from 1967. One last sold on Ebay back in July. Anyone have a good lead?
View Quote

For display?
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By QCMGR:

For display?
View Quote

That's why I'm aiming for two

But settling for one and letting the spirit of SteveMRE encourage his combat nostalgia
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 8:22:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe post in gd. I recall at least one member that has a large collection
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 11:34:32 PM EDT
[#4]
@scalped

Etsy, of all places, appears to have some. Not cheap, though.

https://www.etsy.com/market/c_rations
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 1:24:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By GreatDane:
@scalped

View Quote

Thanks amigo. Never would've thought of that place.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GreatDane:
@scalped

I wouldn't have either. Thankfully, Google to the rescue.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 10:38:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought my dad had a few cans lying around in the garage. Of I see them in a few months when I visit, I'll ask if I can grab one.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 6:12:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By chicken_rider:
Maybe post in gd. I recall at least one member that has a large collection
View Quote

i've got a display and a full case of '68s but i think i sold off all of my extras

they pop up on ebay quite often though, if they can get by ebays rule about no tobacco

the accessory packet and maybe the B unit would still be edible at this point, everything else will likely be toast

Link Posted: 11/9/2023 6:31:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fxntime] [#9]
We were still eating the things in the early 80's in basic. The pound cake was still fantastic. The main courses were, for the most part, nasty shit.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I ate my first C-rats in the mid 60's.  Dad was in TAC and those C130's flew everybody everywhere.  He would go through and pick up all kinds of stuff.  Me and my brothers thought that stuff was cool as hell.  We ate all kinds of candy, jam, peanut butter, those old hard crackers, cakes, etc.  Loved it.

A couple years later he went to Taiwan for a year with those C130's (the outfit that left Seward AFB in TN and came back to Little Rock AFB, AR.  I was big enough by then I had some really cool stuff.  Jump boots, camo jungle fatigues (tiger stripe) and I'd wear that stuff to school (I was a big kid in the 4th and 5th grades).  

Then I went into the Army in 1975 when I graduated from high school and got those same C-rations in the brown cardboard boxes every time we went to the field.  Hard to stay warm in the winter.  I ate everything in my box and anything someone else tossed behind the trees that they were too good to eat.  Haven't had any since I got out in 1979.  But I remember them.  When you're hungry stuff tastes pretty good.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By fxntime:
We were still eating the things in the early 80's in basic. The pound cake was still fantastic. The main courses were, for the most part, nasty shit.
View Quote

I remember in the early 80's they surplused a bunch.  We ended up hitting all the army surplus stores in metro Detroit with dad so he could buy up his favorites.

Mom wasn't happy when she came home to us eating ham and motherfuckers older than I was.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#12]
i just impulse bought a case of 1982 brown bag MREs this week

while not super rare that's before they were officially adopted and fielded.  zero idea what the hell i'll do with them, vietnam war was the outer limit of my collection
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 11:17:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Still nothing. Will probably try my luck with SteveMRE1989 lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top