Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2020 8:43:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jfor]
Any of ya'll used Conkey's Hunting Supplies and ordered a used Garmin Alpha from them?

This is the package I am looking to buy. Looks to save a couple of hundred bucks buying used versus new. I will still need to eventually get another collar as I have two dogs but for now I can swap between the two as I will only be hunting one pup at a time.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 9:47:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Curious what you hunt that requires tracking?
I’d think any garmin dealer that offers warranty is gtg.
Sport dog makes good stuff, and this supplier ships super
fast on dog stuff. Has garmin as well.
Sport dog tracking collar
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:06:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By getalab:
View Quote

I have OMCBA Mtn Curs. They are being trained for squirrel/coon hunting. I live in North Alabama and hunt a lot of public land which requires the dogs to be under my control, be it GPS tracking collars or leashes. I also have access to some private land but will need to make sure I can keep the dogs off of land that I don't have permission to be on.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:49:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Spend the extra on the 200i.  I still use my 100 as a backup but the touch screen on the 100 is early 2000’s tech and the 200i is worth the money for the updated touch screen alone.  

I had a love hate relationship with my 100 but can’t say enough good things about the 200i
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:51:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By getalab:
View Quote

Ever had a dog chase a deer into the next county?  I have.

These collars take the anxiety out of losing a dog.  Especially when LOS can be less than 20 yards.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I hunt deer with dogs, and I can assure you that the Alpha is worth it's weight in gold when a hard driving dog really gets wound up.........it'll save you hours of worry and a lotta gas as well....Far as Conkeys goes,  have friends that use the co. with complete satisfaction....to the best of my knowledge they're reputable.

I've utiilized Outdoor dog, in Chesapeak, Va....and truly their service is outstanding............they take trades and offer used gear as well.  

Incidentally, first 100 I had was a used one....failed and I sent it to Garmin and they sent a re furb for a darn good price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top