Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2022 12:27:24 PM EDT
After a bit of an absence, I am finally hoping to get my rig up and running within the next couple of weeks.  I remember in the past there would usually be local radio clubs broadcasting from some of the historic ships (docked as museums).   There were usually several of these going on nationwide, especially on and around July 4th.  Does anybody know how I can find out about upcoming ones ahead of time?(too often I would find out after the fact).
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#1]
The week of the 4th will be the big 13-Colonies special event, that's always a popular one.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:46:26 PM EDT
[#2]
13 Colonies is fun.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Lewis and Clark is coming up.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 1:07:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Arrl Has The Answer.  Just enter the dates (starting and ending) and click [Search].
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:17:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Museum Ship Weekend
June 4 & 5

https://www.nj2bb.org/museum/
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:26:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Museum Ship Weekend
June 4 & 5

View Quote

That's one of my favorites.  I participate every year.  I have QSL cards from most of the famous museum ships.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 4:19:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Museum Ship Weekend
June 4 & 5

View Quote

Thank You!  Exactly the one I was looking for.  I heard about it and was able to SWL it once, but I forgot to note the details.

13 Colonies looks like fun, too.  Hopefully, I can get in on them, I hope to give my setup a rundown this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 7:57:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Museum Ship Weekend
June 4 & 5

View Quote

I'd love to get a QSL card from the USS Alabama.  I have many fond memories of gulf coast vacations with my grandparents as a kid.  We'd always stop at Battleship Park and tour the ship.  I've probably been 5 times.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 9:16:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'd love to get a QSL card from the USS Alabama.  I have many fond memories of gulf coast vacations with my grandparents as a kid.  We'd always stop at Battleship Park and tour the ship.  I've probably been 5 times.
View Quote
That's probably one of the best war museum I've toured so far.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:23:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's probably one of the best war museum I've toured so far.
View Quote

Yeah it's really well done.  It's been probably 16 years since I went but you could also go into the submarine as well.  Crazy how cramped they are inside.  It's great if you have the time to read all the notes on the exhibits.  

I remember the first few times I saw it as a young kid, I thought that it was silly they parked a perfectly good ship.  

And I think we bought a game of "Battleship" with the little plastic pegs in the gift shop.

Anyway it's the ham forum so I hope it's not too off topic.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 6:20:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That's one of my favorites.  I participate every year.  I have QSL cards from most of the famous museum ships.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Museum Ship Weekend
June 4 & 5

I did it last year and managed to work a handful of them. Some of the ships offer really cool QSL cards that are among my favorites.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 7:05:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yeah it's really well done.  It's been probably 16 years since I went but you could also go into the submarine as well.  Crazy how cramped they are inside.  It's great if you have the time to read all the notes on the exhibits.  

I remember the first few times I saw it as a young kid, I thought that it was silly they parked a perfectly good ship.  

And I think we bought a game of "Battleship" with the little plastic pegs in the gift shop.

Anyway it's the ham forum so I hope it's not too off topic.
View Quote
I was there this past summer. You can still go in the sub. It was so crammed with people we just made a quick pass through and went back to the jets and stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top