Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2023 3:40:40 PM EDT
Hey guys, just got a USMC tarp from a surplus store.  Pretty good condition minus a few pin holes.  Was looking to repair them and add bungee to the corners.    Would a clear silicone caulk from a hardware store work just fine?
And where would I find bungees for that tarp ?  I can't seem to find the specific ones.   Thanks guys
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 7:19:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I used vinyl repair glue on mine with just a tiny dab on each pinhole. Worked great!
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 1:35:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Use these SOT Patch repair on everything and the are strong and have adhesive on them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144703730138?hash=item21b103b1da:g:9GkAAOSwr2FjE5zP&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4Hgi1kdX1zxa0I5PeVBkLGHAkKWmJPIXDyBWXGrSmmapfnCS2P%2BsLwqS9drVlRNZsW%2Bd1eJqNlgh1HOpYpPOLOjvcS61KSBITpnFOBlDl7JqgC6w%2FZOdROWKj4zVZ2oWkVrMgw8lWXizWPWkyZk8ebq84qULWAG%2BMldczJdmJJ59%2BJ5v%2Fyzp3bDIbLMW6r8%2BiWwZAsJRmVQ3gqEzpxse0Aiei3ulxcssfgmo8r2HRNrKOyZJjBajDsgR3CN3OEb6dR7ZR%2Bf8tklsgmEiiKeQN%2Bg1Qwzpuo9Of4RdVpwuwVvS%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR_6_xsTBYg
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 6:17:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I used clear tent repair tape cut into little squares about ten years ago. They're all still there.

What seems to be the going rate for these? Mine's sat on a shelf and I'd be happy to pass it along to someone who will use it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 7:29:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lew:
I used clear tent repair tape cut into little squares about ten years ago. They're all still there.

What seems to be the going rate for these? Mine's sat on a shelf and I'd be happy to pass it along to someone who will use it.
View Quote

Got mine shipped from a surplus store in used / good condition for about $45.  Coloring is still new.  Just had some pin holes scattered about that I had to find using a light.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:46:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I have used Shoe Goo adhesive for retaining waterproof patches.
Link Posted: 8/22/2023 9:50:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I have used Shoe Goo adhesive for retaining waterproof patches.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lew:

View Quote

Hey Lew, I'd love to try one of these. Sending pm.

Link Posted: 10/23/2023 8:19:34 AM EDT
[#8]
If you use repair tape or patches, round the corner before applying them. It prevent them from lift and coming off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top