Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2020 3:21:32 PM EDT
Purposes: use at range as my place is wonky and only has a bench at 25m; it’s a 50m range but all I have even close to my house. I’d like one that can be used standing, seated and prone although the latter isn’t a deal breaker if not able to go that low. Secondary purpose for hog/coyote hunting. In all cases, I want to use up to an AR10 with thermal or heavy NV scope and I want to mount it to the tripod, not just a rest. I don’t prefer the ‘sled’ type or whatever it’s called but rather something I can mount on the pic rail or a grip that tightens down on it.
I like the look of the Hog Saddle but was hoping to spend less than $200 in total. Impossible?
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 5:38:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Innorel is a great affordable option. I’ve got the 80 and use it with the AR-10 platform, took two deer at 300 last season with it from a crouch because I had to get out of my chair to slew over to them and didn’t think I had time to lower it for a kneeling shot.

I’ve got a manfrotto as well and it is an awesome tripod system but big money.  I don’t like the center post and really need to chop it off I just haven’t gotten brave enough yet.

My next tripod will probably be the TNVC Night Stalker. You’re not touching anything else with a ball head for that price.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 4:54:31 PM EDT
[#2]
BOG Death Grip clamping tripod would probably be a good fit. The head is just like the hog saddle (so similar I’m not sure how it’s not a patent infringement) and the legs are sturdy.

$115 for the aluminum legged one on Dvor right now.
$195 for the carbon fiber one.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for that. I didn’t even think of Dvor although I buy from them now and then when something is a good deal.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
BOG Death Grip clamping tripod would probably be a good fit. The head is just like the hog saddle (so similar I’m not sure how it’s not a patent infringement) and the legs are sturdy.

$115 for the aluminum legged one on Dvor right now.
$195 for the carbon fiber one.
View Quote

I second the BOG. Hard to touch for the money.
I've shot my Grendel off it a lot, and even shot my Barrett 82 off of it.
Wouldn't recommend a steady diet of that, but it did ok.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:13:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My next tripod will probably be the TNVC Night Stalker. You’re not touching anything else with a ball head for that price.
View Quote

I was going to pull the trigger but that 6 week lead time has me second guessing
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 5:51:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I got the Bog and using it Monday. Judging by the look/feel, I think it’ll do.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I got the Bog and using it Monday. Judging by the look/feel, I think it’ll do.
View Quote

Hey I like the Bog for extreme portability but it's hard to beat a good tripod with a saddle for longer distances. I use a Vanguard but I wish it was Manfroto. I have a little Caldwell for the crossbow in ground blinds that I use with kids. I think you will have a assortment in the future like most of us do after starting with a good mid range tripod. But to tell the truth my Stoney Point PoleCat is the most used either with the mono pod when I'm going really light or the tripod with the butt stock adapter. Good Luck.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 7:11:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the primos over big pod for lightweight.  Can’t remember what my heavy tripod made of/by. Has reaper grip on it.  Badass, but not quick to throw down in a hurry.  Our style is usually bail out, and chase.  Haven’t used NG set up personally, but some guy that have come out do. They seemed happy.  Think they’re all pretty good
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top